HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: suicide scenario

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Default suicide scenario 
    So - I really don't want this to be an argument forum, I know it's not for everyone - just want some tips on how to make the effect happen. After seeing the cost, and reading some of the negative feedback about haunted enterprises, I'd like to try to make it myself - any insight on where to begin would be fantastic. Thanks!

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by carnagecrew View Post
    So - I really don't want this to be an argument forum, I know it's not for everyone - just want some tips on how to make the effect happen. After seeing the cost, and reading some of the negative feedback about haunted enterprises, I'd like to try to make it myself - any insight on where to begin would be fantastic. Thanks!
    And for the uninitiated, could you be a little more detailed or thorough in your explanation of what you are looking for?

C.

3. Default  
    Might be referring to Haunted Enterprises setup, I cant find a direct link to it on there website though...

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Calhoun View Post
    Might be referring to Haunted Enterprises setup, I cant find a direct link to it on there website though . . .
    Ah. Interesting.

C.

5. Default  
    yep - that's the effect I was referring to, sorry should have been more specific. any ideas?

6. Default Suicide scenario 
    I have this exact setup from haunted enterprises. It consists of the following

1 airtank
    Maestro 2 prop controller
    Doorbell trigger
    Sprinkler valve

Basically it is just a air cannon but it also has a sprinkler valve that shoots water when it is triggered. It pulls water from a holding tank. I have not had any issues with haunted enterprises. Really for the cost they sell it for your not saving much.

Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

7. Default  
    Look up monster tronics. Although tacky as all hell, I think they did a custom setup for Ethan from Hundred Acres Manor in Pittsburgh.

8. Default  
    Dont believe there site actually has products on it, not even to view from what I remember.

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightmareAftershockLLC View Post
    Look up monster tronics. Although tacky as all hell, I think they did a custom setup for Ethan from Hundred Acres Manor in Pittsburgh.
    Monstertronics has never done anything for us.

We used a HE Suicide Scenario for 2 years. It's a simple prop. It's amazing a company can get so cheap that they can screw up such a simple prop. We were sent mostly used parts, the few parts that were new were of shite quality. The airhose was dry rotten, it blew apart the second I plugged it in to a (regulated) air line. The speaker wire that they were using to connect the switch to the controller looked like it had been laying in a field for 10 years, insulation literally falling off of it, looks to be UV damaged. The controller was dirty and had globs of paint on it. The air tank appeared to also be used, that or it had set on a shelf for the last 5 years. The check valve and power supply, while new, were of crap quality. The power supply failed shortly after install and the check valve leaked like a sieve. This isn't the first terrible prop we've ever got from them, but it will be the last!

Anyhow, we stopped doing the suicide scenario because it's a cheap shock scare. I came up with a better plan this year and it worked great. NightmareAftershock, if you're referring to the setup that we had this year, that was all custom built by me. The controller is a Prop1 using 3 POT's, small 12v pump to feed the charge tube, 2 solenoids, 1 for the water valve (so it doesn't blow back into the reservoir) and one for the air blast. I spent more time learning how to program the Prop1 than it took me to build the rest of the controller setup or mechanics of it. I'm not a huge fan of the Prop1's, but they have their place for very custom stuff where I want realtime analog controls.
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

We're headlining the HauntCon 2012 tour! We hope to see you there!

A big thanks to all of those who came out to visit us on the '09 MHC Pre-Con Tour!

10. Default  
    Brandon, sorry. I thought I remembered Ethan telling me he worked with them. And no, I didn't get a chance to swing down this year. But it sounds much cheaper than going with a kit.

Thread Information