HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Airbrush: Siphon-fed or Gravity-fed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Gravity Feed 
    (the appropriately named) Killen, Alabama
    We used the Paache Talon Gravity feed this year and loved it! We were able to change colors faster and used a LOT less paint than we have before. Plus, bottles tend to be expensive and will defect often. As for our makeup, we use Liquid Mehron makeup with Mehron Mixing Solution. Comes out extremely smooth, hardly ever clogs, and comes off easy.
    Owner & Host - Flatline Radio
    "Keeping our fingers on the absent pulse of the Haunt Industry."

flatlineradio.podomatic.com

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by piercemanor View Post
    We used the Paache Talon Gravity feed this year and loved it! We were able to change colors faster and used a LOT less paint than we have before. Plus, bottles tend to be expensive and will defect often. As for our makeup, we use Liquid Mehron makeup with Mehron Mixing Solution. Comes out extremely smooth, hardly ever clogs, and comes off easy.
    That looks pretty sweet. Thin body and has the cut outs on the handle and at the tip for only $80?

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Chrise View Post
    http://www.airbrushguru.com/airbrush...-airbrush.html

http://www.airbrushguru.com/airbrush...-airbrush.html

There are lots of brands I'm not hip to but you may be looking at a siphon feed style that has metal cups or the bottle option. Most siphon feeds come with both accessories and different sized tips.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=paasc...9,r:1,s:0,i:76

Gravity feeds are a seperate animal and nothing changes out.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=gravi...r:7,s:100,i:25

Ghetto airbrush, $9 single action just push the button and change the nozzle for a size of spray.

http://www.harborfreight.com/airbrush-kit-47791.html

In reality even a single action trigger I have seen people get some amazing effects that you wouldn't know was from a cheap air brush that had half an inch of paint on the outside of it. For some reason just pushing a button is no fun. double action, you push down the trigger and pull back and it regulates the paint pattern relative to how you move back. Lift the trigger and off. With a double action in one swipe with lots of practice you can start small, go big and taper down again in one stroke. A single action you keep stopping and adjusting the pattern until you like the size of the line. Screw with air pressure and thinning paint to get some effect.

I was just trying to narrow your search so you don't have to buy all of these like I did to figure out what worked for different things. Of course I did a lot of paying work but still I have about $600 worth of air brushes I never even touch. It is like an airbrush museum in my boxes.

Or you could do like Allen says and just buy one and start squirting paint and not worry about any of this. Damn him and being able to write one sentence and he's right.
    Well, I ordered two... One of each kind... Not super expensive ones of course... My plan is to play with both, see which one works for me, and give the other to my little sister as a Christmas present. Lol! (She's been wanting one and I've talked to her about it. Even used, she's thrilled.)

I can read until my eyeballs fall out, but Allen's right. I won't know what I like until I get to play with it.

4. Default  
    If your eyes fall out from reading too much, the eyeballs fit perfectly on the top of a gravity feed color cup so you can just rock on.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Chrise View Post
    If your eyes fall out from reading too much, the eyeballs fit perfectly on the top of a gravity feed color cup so you can just rock on.

I'm not saying I don't read. I do alot, actually. Even bookmarked the guru site you linked me earlier to check out.

And somehow, your eyeball comment reminded me of Beatlejuice...

6. Default  
    Hey Buck,
    Sorry the Airbrushes didnt work for you. I have paint issues when they got to cold and you are in SD, were they or your paint cold? I just want to troubleshoot so I dont steer anyone else wrong.
    On a side note I also have a zero G airbrush from European body art and I love it. it is externalmix and I have used mine for six months and never cleaned it.
    Allen H

7. Default Airbrush 
    Shoot Allen,

That's no big deal. I tried those for 2 years and unfortunately we struggled the whole time. And we cleaned them thoroughly every night. I would not say that it was really cold. I'm not sure what the issue was. My makeup manager really tried hard but won't use them again. We are going to go with some type of system that the paint does not mix with the air in the gun. She is coming to Transworld and airbrush is on the top of her list.

Thanks for the heads up on the other gun from European. That looks sweet. I might order that one today.

Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

8. Default  
    We use Dixie art supply for ALL our air brush supplies.
    On this page is a 6 airbrush set.
    Great supplier.
    They have everything. their site can become a little confusing because they have SO much.

http://www.dixieart.com/Paasche_VL_V..._Airbrush.html

Thread Information