HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: The Darkness - Transworld 2013

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Working on Terror Visions now... rather than breaking out the hard coating guns for one facade we decided to use a very hard coating kit which is painted on. We put the first coat on today... this will be a very large facade piece that goes in the Terror Visions que room. I have NOT talked much about Terror Visions so let me take a minute and explain what we are doing here.

Remember when you come to Darkness there is a 3D haunted house in addition to the two floors of The Darkness. Terror Visions 3D is an all blacklight haunted house. Last year we spent a lot of time and money on Terror Visions... this year we spent a lot less! However we are adding several things... for one we painted several of the floors with new concepts. We changed one hallway painted patterns on the walls and floor and added some cool mirrors. We also re-did the que line with an all new look as well. Gore Galore is making a custom puppet clown for us as well so that will go into the haunted house.

We also added one other thing but I can't tell you right now... that is a secret lets just say its a custom animation we built. But now we are winding down on The Darkness so Terror Visions is now getting all the love. I will start to post pictures of Terror Visions going forward until such time I can post all the props from Ghost Ride and Unit 70. Next week baby!!!! FYI... tickets for the private tour are about 70% sold out, behind the scenes tour tickets about the same. www.thedarkness.com

DSC03009.JPGDSC03010.JPG

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    We will re-open Lemp in 2013 I just wasn't going to bother with it for the TW show... I figured everyone has seen it. Does everything think we should open it or what? I could open some new rooms of the building for you to explore or something but I don't really want to open it with actors.

I don't know you guys tell me!

Additionally I might have a VERY SECRET surprise for everyone very soon! I can't spill the beans yet but...

Larry
    ...are you selling it? :grin:

3. Default  
    Larry who's hard coat were you using on the Terror Visions enterance?

Phatman

4. Default  
    A two part compound that you mix together and get hardens in about 5 minutes ... you have to work fast!!!

Its about $115.00 for a set which makes two gallons total. Larry

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by austind View Post
    Larry who's hard coat were you using on the Terror Visions enterance?

Phatman
    RESPONSE...

Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    A two part compound that you mix together and get hardens in about 5 minutes ... you have to work fast!!!

Its about $115.00 for a set which makes two gallons total. Larry
    Lmaooooooooooooo!!!!

I suppose if you google "two+part+compound+mix+5+minute+set+$115+two+gallo ns" you MAY find it?? Maybe add..."teal" to help narrow down your results!!! HAHAHAHA!!!
    Last edited by freak 'n' stein; 02-06-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: ...added additional sarcasm :)
    O'Shawn McClendon
    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

6. Default  
    McMaster Carr ... sorry! LOL

Gotta run Gore Galore is here in the house today!!! More on that later. Get tickets now www.thedarkness.com

7. Default  
    Thanks Larry I think I will give it a try. Have you had good success with this product? I like how fast it works I am not very a person that likes waiting for stuff to dry.

Phatman

8. Default  
    austind,

It's not actually hard coat material at all. It's a two part urethane made for casting. You can view the product here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#liquid-urethane/=ldahuf

We used this material for a few things when I worked at a University in a former life. It's good stuff, but it's no different than the kinds of products that Smooth-On carries.

Good luck!
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

9. Default  
    Hey folks... few updates. Let me just say this is the project that never seems to end. OMG!

Today was a busy day didn't get home until about 3am. Got our first batch of props in today from Gore Galore. Going to post a couple pages of photos here... so look for a couple coming up.

Today Kevin showed up and he installed one of his puppets and let me say this might be one of the best products we've ever purchased. They are built to perfection and they are incredible... I was totally blown away! He also showed some of his new product line and you are seeing it here FIRST! Check it out!

As for the hard coat material... I have everything from a fiberglass gun, to a hard coat machine to you name it. The hard coat gun was broken... It is actually fixed but we had no time to pick it up. So we just coated it with a two part coating from McMaster Car. Its not anything close to the hard coating gun but in bind if you are way behind and you are willing to make it deal it will work... so that is what we did.

We have NOT started a booth for TW not even built one single thing for the show. We are still trying to finish this project on Darkness. Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com

Larry
    DSC03021.JPGDSC03023.JPGDSC03027.JPGDSC03031.JPGDSC03033.JPG

10. Default  
    Okay more pics... here is a picture of Kevin. He brought one of his crew great guys 110%. His new stuff is amazing.

Next week we are getting new stuff from Unit 70 and it will probably take us about one day to install everything. Once its installed we'll be about ready set go!

We'll be waiting on one more major animation from Distortions for the show Making Monsters.

I can only tell you guys I did what I said I would not do... I spent 300k on this renovation. I did it for our fans here in st. Louis to celebrate 20 years and I did it for the haunted house industry to show and offer the best educational experience of the year for YOU!

I can honestly say I'm not very found of operating haunts anymore but I really enjoy doing these rebuild for YOU HAUNTED HOUSE OWNERS! Thank you so so so so much... tickets orders are pouring in the last week and we really appreciate it. We are going to do our best to give the experience you want!

Its hard to please haunt owners but we are going to try out very best.

FYI... Gore Galore said he's going to have 10 to 15 large puppets in his parade of the dead. I can't wait!

Get your tickets now the behind the scenes tour is like 75% sold out now...

www.TheDarkness.com

Larry

PS: AND I AM NOT JUST SAYING THIS... but I'm so impressed with Gore Galore that I will now include them on my list to talk to about future custom projects. This guys are really amazing!

DSC03018.JPGDSC03019.JPGDSC03026.JPGDSC03028.JPGDSC03029.JPG

Thread Information