HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How About this... Adding Haunted Mini Golf... Read On

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default How About this... Adding Haunted Mini Golf... Read On 
    Here is a story about someone who is adding Halloween themed blacklight mini golf to their attraction to make more money. We are not doing this attraction but we do build them... but what does everyone think about this idea.

Read the story.

http://www.charlotte.com/entertainme...ry/204459.html

2. Default  
    Whatever Works In Your Area. You Always Have To Be Thinking Of New Ways To Make It In This Business.

Sean
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

3. Default  
    It would work for a side attraction. And possibly at the end of your haunts. Give a coupon with the purchase of a haunted house ticket. But most people are only coming to be scared I think. The Blacklight 3-D would make more impulse spenders take a stab at it. Oh and kids want to play.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

4. Default  
    Its a good draw. THey have this in the mall in Gurnee ILL as well as a few Monster Golf (blacklight mini golfing) attractions. It a great way to keep the guests hanging around and buying concessions which is where real $$ can be made at an event.

You do need some good security though depending on your location and where it is since the lights are dim and people are usually taking about at least an hour to play so you need some good monitoring of that since we all know how (lets say) restless some guests can be hanging around too long.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

5. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    A funeral parlor in the Chicago had a basement mini-golf with steel skull head to play through and other such stuff. Saw it in the Tribune years ago.
    The main problem was telling the kids to "Keep it down" while the mourners were upstairs.

6. Default  
    I have been there a few times. It is a fun experience as morbid as that sounds. But I found it interesting that they created it to pass their own time while there over the years.

Its def. a unique experience.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

7. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    I think it would awsome and if you wanted to do something cool, make it so that when you sink the ball into the hole it makes something happen in that area. Like making a prop turn on or a thunder clap ect.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

8. Default  
    Wow, sounds cool! I have always been a huge fan of miniture golf and haunted houses, and have always wanted to own both. I thought of the idea of having a blacklight mini putt at the same location as my future haunted house. I could decorate the mini putt with tons of awesome blacklight halloween fascades, and have big scary props.

9. Default  
    Got it in my biz plan to get a mini golf course attraction to wrap round the haunted cornfield maze, a year 3 expansion for both. Not so much blacklights but a nice little LED lit and nicely decorated festivity.

Will offer miniature golf hockey tournaments, perhaps. Those get a tad wild (variation me and friends used to play)

Methinks mini golf is a great little added value attraction. Maintainence and operating costs are lower than for other attractions but still exist as in staffing, safety observation and maintainence and lighting.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    THey have this in the mall in Gurnee ILL as well as a few Monster Golf (blacklight mini golfing) attractions.
    Jonathan, the mall location actually closed to poor attendance, and the Monster golf was recently and is pendin g to be remodeled into a more friendly atmosphere by someone we all know the last I knew.

As for on site mini-golf. I know a little bit about it seeing as we are located at a fun center, though Its a little dif since we are at a FEC.

In my experience, anyone who is there for mini golf, is there for that and nothing else, despite the haunted attraction on location. Although, again, its a dif situation.

Also, as for a percentage of people who will go to the haunt AND the mini golf is about 25-30% probably with or with out a joint ticket.

I believe the main problem is that it is a time consuming "sport" of sorts. And the majority of haunt goers are in more of an adrenaline induced motive, and could be prone to skip the slow pace of putt putt.

just my 2 cents

Thread Information