HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Could use a mental push here..

Hybrid View

1. Default Could use a mental push here.. 
    So- getting ready for next year of course, and was watching this surprisingly great movie when I saw something I liked.

Now I need to make some- but short of sculpt/mold/cast and the cost associated- I'm not really coming up with a simple way to make these egg pods (not the creatures inside).

Egg pod 1.jpg

I'm reminded of a plastic wrap or packing tape wrap, but I think the translucence will be very low. I need moderately high.

The scale would be somewhere between 18" and 30" high.

Any suggestions? Anyone ever try to use fiberglass resin for something like this?
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

2. Default  
    I would recommend doing it with vacuum form build a mold and have a sign comany vacuum form them in 4 parts each.

Phatman

3. Default  
    If your looking for 3ft alien eggs, I have a mold.

Stew

4. Default may not be 
    this may not be the answer you are looking for or even something that you want to do but to me they look like over inflated grenade shaped water balloons they become transparent when inflated and have those ridges

5. Default  
    Just saw this thread on another forum the other day:

http://www.hauntforum.com/showthread.php?t=34413

Perhaps you could pull something off similar. You'd just have to come up with something to melt it around.

6. Default  
    Clear packing tape is the way to go, it is amazingly transparent. Get the kind that you can clearly see the cardboard through, that tells you that even in layers it is still transparent.
    Almost all fiberglass resin has a yellowish or purpleish tint to it.
    Let me try an experiment for you, give me a day or two and I will post a pic OK....

Thread Information