HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Interning in the industry?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Question Interning in the industry? 
    I've been wanting to jump back into haunting for a while now, and finding an internship might be the right way to do it. I've only heard of getting one through the Zombie Army, but I wanted to know if there was something else out there. This would be great since Im still in school, and can't really commit to a haunt until I graduate. Who has thoughts?

2. Default  
    I can't tell if they are thoughts or more like voices.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

3. Default  
    Must be hard, especially when theres more than one

4. Default  
    Step one would be: Where are you located and what haunted houses or suppliers/vendors are located a reasonable distance from you.

there are 18 people named Elliott Gardner in places like Alabama; Maryland; New York; Virginia; Minnesota. Pennsylvania

Step two would be: to decide which Elliott Gardner you would like to be.

Step three would be: Match up who you want to be with where people want you to be.

Step four would be: Some business close to who you want to be is intrested in help.

I confered with me myself and I, they all seem to agree on these points.
    Last edited by Greg Chrise; 01-02-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

5. Default  
    Maybe it doesn't matter where you are, you could be a virtual assistant? Can you do an Indian accent for customer service?

6. Default  
    Zombie Army????? I could be wrong....Aren't they a T Shirt Company for the most part. I would second think that and get someone who s really a big part of this industry.

Stew
    Last edited by Darksidestew; 01-02-2013 at 06:00 AM.

7. Default  
    I use summer and fall interns at my shop. I am near Dallas Texas. If you are interested I will send you an Ap.
    Allen H Stiltbeast@gmail.com

8. Default  
    Now there you go! Alan is one of the best. I would grab that oportunity by the horns.

Good Luck

Stew

9. Default  
    Allen I want to be your intern. Just a chance to see what is in Allen's head may be worth it. Real genius is one step from insanity from what I am told. If someone wants to learn about this industry and work on a well rounded knowledge of it them I think Allen is the man. Everyone on HW has learned a lot from Allen and the shocking thing he does it for mostly free. I personally like to thank Allen for what he has done for myself and this industry with the help he gives to everyone. There are some good guys in the haunted house industry and he is one of them. I have often thought that it would be nice if we had a mentor program for new Haunters to have a person to help bring them along in the industry. That is where a real haunted attraction association should be helping grow the industry.

Phatman

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksidestew View Post
    Zombie Army????? I could be wrong....Aren't they a T Shirt Company for the most part. I would second think that and get someone who s really a big part of this industry.

Stew
    Yeah I kinda thought that too but it looks like Transworld and MHC thinks the world of these guys.while I haven't seen any ground breaking stuff from their shows I have certainly seen and heard their infamous party habits and legendary drinking abilities. I guess that's all you need to make a name for yourself in this industry, constantly put your name out there in everyone's face and campaign for attention and run to the convention folks to set them up as industry leaders.

DA

Thread Information