HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Transworld for a New Haunt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I found several seminars helpful last year unfortunately my town fell through.

2. Default  
    The people are just as friendly at all the shows. I tend to find that I have more fun a Midwest, but that is because its closest to where I live and I know more people. Go and enjoy the show the way you like to and don't be critical of the way others do. I go and enjoy the company of other haunters and get great ideas. Some times you find stuff in the strangest places. Just last year my legs were tired (becuase im fat) and I was out Side TW smoking (tobacco, couldn't get the good stuff) and sat next to this guy and we started talking. He said he was from Michigan, me too. I asked what haunt he was with and he said he wasn't with a haunt he was a 3D artist and he was working a booth, very cool. The mans name was Stuart Smith. I now have Stuart making two 3d haunts for me and consider him a good friend. TW is not alway about what you do while there it is what you come away with after the show is over. I have a great 3D artist now, 2 new haunts, and a friend, just because I went out to have a smoke when my legs were tired. You cant plan some things in life you just have to live it. So go live TW and hopefully you will come away inspired and have a few new friend too.

Phatman

3. Default  
    Were going into our second year here in Fairbanks. And I have to say that we are not planning on going to the shows this year. We would rather keep our cash on hand for the props we want and need. But with that said, I think our heading out to the MHC last year was invaluable to us. The contacts and seeing the stuff in motion really gave us some great ideas and good directions to go.

The one thing that drove me nuts at the MHC was going to the Pnuematics for Begginers class and the guy sitting behind me second guessed our instructor on everything to the point where I just left because he was so annoying. but I digress....

I would highly reccommend going to a show your first year at least to gather info and ideas and make some great contacts. The haunt community is a great place to be part of.

Thanks
    Rob
    Fairbanks Asylum

4. Default  
    Man, go if you can. It's a good time and I've always enjoyed myself! DFW is a tough market, learn all you can.
    Alex

5. Default Would Love an INVITE 
    Been crazy for the last few weeks but We are going! Thanks for all of the tips. do I need an official invite for my partner and I?

Dan

6. Default  
    Hey Dan,
    Scott from Terrorplex. You need to go to the hauntshow.com website to see all the info about the show. You will need to buy $50 passes to get into the show. Typically if you can send TW a copy of a receipt from a haunt vendor, or flyer, or poster, or DBA document, that will allow you to buy passes. There's a place to register on the website.
    Hangman's House of Horrors
    www.hangmans.com

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by austind View Post
    . I go and enjoy the company of other haunters and get great ideas. Some times you find stuff in the strangest places. Just last year my legs were tired (becuase im fat) and I was out Side TW smoking (tobacco, couldn't get the good stuff)

Phatman
    Good stuff? Really? That's a line that earns us the disrespect of being labeled as "carnies" instead of legitimate business people. Smh

DA

8. Default An experience we will miss this year 
    Big T Productions Inc will not be attending TW this year, although we have always enjoyed the show. We will miss it this year, but we made a grave mistake last year. We spent a fair amount of money last year traveling to TW and purchasing some really cool stuff. I dont regret what we bought, but we ended up over budget in the end, and I had to make some hard sacrifices in the end to make sure we could open the doors. By hard sacrifices, I mean ponying up several thousands of dollars for things like fencing and other logistical stuff we needed the month before opening.

This year I am tightening the budget and the money I would have spent in lodging, food, gas, and other expenses I will spend with the vendors I have used in the past for specific items, as well as training and actor enhancements.

I think these shows do provide a lot of value, if it is in your budget, but I have to remind myself what that money could have been used for. It forces a different perspective on your budgeting, and you quickly learn about priorities! Hope to be there next year!
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

9. Default  
    If you can afford to go, I would say go. The networking is huge and honestly priceless. You can learn so much from other more seasoned people in the haunt community. The props on the floor might inspire a design or a set. I would get all of the information you can, take notes on things you love, and see what fits into your budget and provides the most bang for your buck. Also what might offer great versatility as well. An example is a static prop might look aweome, but a similar costume might provide someone starting out with a bigger bang for your buck as you could wear it in cue lines, parades, etc. The classes are great too. Allen Hopps has one that sounds perfect for new/tight budget haunters that I would LOVE to take.

And the experience alone is amazing!!!

Thread Information