HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Video player question

Hybrid View

1. Default Video player question 
    Does anyone know of a digital video player that will make seamless transitions between one video to the next? I have a couple of Viewstream players and I have some of the ones that Fright Props sell, but neither have seamless video transitions. There is a split second of blank screen when transitioning from one video to the next. I want a player that will seamlessly cross fade between two videos or just switch without the dead space.

Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

2. Default  
    Brightsign HD410. Thats what Palenight uses.

Thanks,
    STEW

3. Default  
    Thanks, that is something to start with.

Louis Brown
    at
    DarkWood Manor

4. Default  
    The Brightsign units which we also program and install is capable of looping transport streams containing only video seamlessly. If they have sound you will have a slight pause while it is loaded. If you need any assistance please email or call us.
    Best,
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

5. Default  
    Yea, what he said. Also , after looking at it again, it does have a small glich, very hard to catch.
    Look up palenights zombie attack I have on the HW sale board, theres a video there.

Stew

6. Default  
    I can work around a sound delay, but I just don't want that nasty split second of black screen. That blows most illusions. In the past I've had an actor distract the audience during the transition in order to keep them from seeing it, but I was thinking of doing something this year that wouldn't allow me to get away with that trick.

Louis Brown
    at
    DarkWood Manor

7. Default  
    There is ZERO black screen between the transition.

Stew

8. Default  
    Hey Louis,
    If you would like to purchase a Brightsign video repeater, just let me know I would be happy to give you a quote.
    Best,
    Bill Rod.
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksidestew View Post
    Yea, what he said. Also , after looking at it again, it does have a small glich, very hard to catch.
    Look up palenights zombie attack I have on the HW sale board, theres a video there.

Stew
    I caught the glitch at every 6 secs (12, 18, 24, etc.), but with proper filming you wouldn't be able to tell, cause until you pointed it out I NEVER realized!!

I know you don't want the black screen, but if somehow you could work the video around that then frightprops has an option.

According to their FAQ's:

" There is a black screen that displays when I trigger my video, is this normal?

Yes, this is normal. If you don’t like the black screen you can try and copy your files onto the internal memory of the player. The manual provides instructions on how to do this. This may or may not shorten the length of the blank screen. "

The Brightsign HD410's that I saw were in the $300 area. FP's is $139 + a controller. So really it's a get what you pay for scenario. Just lending options. Best of luck and keep us posted with your project!

Last edited by freak 'n' stein; 01-15-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    O'Shawn McClendon
    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Thread Information