HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: 2013 HAUNTED OVERLOAD progress thread

Hybrid View

1. Default 2013 HAUNTED OVERLOAD progress thread 
    January 13th, I think this is a record as far as working over at the haunt site early. We took advantage of a pretty warm day yesterday to go over and start tearing down this facade in Pumpkin Alley. A new much larger, more detailed and insane looking one will take it's place. I need to get this one out of the way so I can take measurements and start on a scale model. I'll post that when it's finished with details so keep checking back.

Here are some construction photos of last years build. Tim Bickford from Creative Cinema Video took the photos we gave him and made a quick slide show for our wrap party. I like looking back at the progress, it gets me motivated to start in and improve for this year. A night photo of this facade is at the end of the slide show.

Below that is a scare scene clip. Tim will be giving a seminar this year at Transworld explaining how to capture scares like these in your haunt as well as the equipment used and editing techniques. I think it will be great, more videos to come on another thread. Tim does awesome work and is great at explaining how to get the results that you are after on tape.

I also like looking back on the other threads to see how far we have come.

2010 the move
    http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...unted+overload

2011 Progress thread
    http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...rogress+thread

2012 Progress thread
    http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...rogress-thread

Enjoy and I'll see you at Transworld.

Eric
    Last edited by elowther; 01-14-2013 at 08:21 PM.

2. Default  
    The phoenix will rise from the ashes, lol!

Check this out. It was finally time to revamp our logo. Here is the one I made years ago for the home haunt. It has been alright up until now but we definitely needed to take it to the next level.

After some revisions here is what Brainstorm did for us. They always kick ass and did a great job!

I made some tweaks on my own. Let me know your thoughts. The great thing about this is I can separate out the elements to make different and more simplified versions of this logo. For instance, I may want the pumpkin all by it self for a round button or other merchandise. I will need to make a black and white version with just the type for something like a car window decal or letter head.

3. Default I like 
    The second one the best. But it reminds me of something else Ive seen. I just cant seem to place my finger on it?! LOL! No looks great!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

4. Cool  
    Damon, it doesn't look THAT much like your hero's pumpkin logo, this looks awesome!

DA

5. Default Dark 
    You make me laugh! Hahaha!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

6. Default  
    I couldn't figure out what about the second one was so appealing.

I had a hunch and looked it up. I bet this was unconscious on Eric's part, but the red/orange over gold letters
    echos the treatment of the KISS Love Gun and Destroyer album art by Ken Kelly. It just has an effective command of attention.

Laying that warm color of the letters over the blue really works as well, similar to Destroyer. I try to imagine those guys
    in the 70's with digital tools considering they were working in oil on board.

The original image has a greater depth of detail and some elements look 'realistic' but the second treatment
    with the punched up bats and heavier color, to me, gives a feel that fits Haunted Overload. The large scale
    elements speak fantastical horror and the color treated logo is in line with that.

Hats off to Brainstorm, the original artwork is incredible, just a great overall composition and texture.

Thread Information