HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How to build a rolling boulder scare?

1. Default How to build a rolling boulder scare? 
    Bobby 's rolling boulder scare on another post sounds like a great idea. Any tips for making this scare?
    We have more manpower than cash, so someone would be able to operate it each time.

2. Default  
    Thanks lol

I don't know the specifics completely, but I do know you have it on a slanted track, and that there's a small wall about a third of the size of the boulder to stop it from going any further. No ropes are attached to the boulder, it was allowed to roll completely around.

I saw this animation at a theme park attraction 3 years ago lol so I'm just going by memory. I wish I could find video or pictures of it....

ALLEN!!!

3. Default  
    Don't know if this will help or not. Maybe give you ideas. At 1:45 http://youtu.be/zoVSjBeoe9Q

4. Default  
    I haven't been to Silver Dollar City in Branson in years. The Fire in the Hole ride had this feature. Looked awesome...

5. Default no boulders 
    no rolling boulders on fire in the hole ride

6. Default  
    I guess the effect on Fire in the Hole is different than the rolling boulder scare

Quote Originally Posted by deathstaste View Post
    no rolling boulders on fire in the hole ride

Thread Information