HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Outdoor haunt during the day?

Hybrid View

1. Default Outdoor haunt during the day? 
    I am interested in setting up a haunted attraction outside. The issue is I want to run it during the day. Has anybody tried this? My main concerns are the heat and a black tent not being enough to keep the sun out of the haunt.

2. Default  
    You can use custom white black out poly banner material and have a custom tent made. This material is white on one side a black on the other and is designed for banners over window so the sun does not bleed through.

Phatman

3. Default  
    yeah definitely going to need some kind of blackout material. I have researched it a little bit, but if somebody has experience with some good material/fabric/tents it would be great if you could let me know! Thanks for the help.

4. Default  
    Why are you using a tent? Why not use JB Corn's method? Castle Dragon worked during the day as a Labrynth, and worked very well indeed. Do you have his books?

C.

5. Default  
    I used to work for a major theme park and 2 of the 4 haunts we had were done in tents. They were made of the sun blocking material austind mentioned. There was sometimes light at the seams, but it was very minor- not enough to affect the show. It's the route I'd go if you're wanting it to be open and scary during those extended day hours. We had also had a haunted trail at the park and it opened during daylight too. Weak. Overall it was always the weakest of the 4 haunts we had but the daylight thing made it ultra cheesy.
    There are also some modular "pop up" buildings out there- sort of between a tent and a hard structure. Dome shaped and light proof. Universal utilized one of these for their Penn & Teller New'kd Las Vegas haunt last year.
    Last edited by Farmer; 01-27-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Thread Information