HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Ceilings for an Indoor Haunt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Default Ceilings for an Indoor Haunt 
    Greetings.
    I'm in the works of improving my ceilings. I have an indoor haunt in a mall, and currently my ceilings are those white 2ftx2ft tiles that look like an office. While I can't build a ceiling on top of my walls because that would block the sprinkler system, I can put a thin layering on the current white tiles. That said, I'm considering something like this: http://www.betterthantin.com/ceiling...productID.1461 (and painting them myself), but they are not as haunted as I would like them to be. Does anyone know of vendors of ceiling facades or ceiling tiles that can be used for a haunt? (aka creepy ceiling facades or creepy ceiling tiles).

-N

2. Default  
    Also, I may just decide to make my own tiles out of tin. Does anyone know where i can get a huge roll of tin or other cheap flexible metal?

3. Default  
    You could just get a good painter to paint the ceiling to look like anything you want, cracked plaster, old broken lath wood. thats what i would do.

Robert

4. Default  
    Our white ceiling tiles were painted black. They just taped off the sprinklers and sprayed it with an airless. Ceiling=Gone

-Joel-

5. Default  
    I'm witl Joel if they will let you paint it. But we had the same problem a long Time ago and we took the tiles out and used electrical tape on the grid to block it out. In some areas we even put painted luan zip tied to the ceiling grid for a ceiling and it worked great we just cut circles for the sprinklers. Hope this helps.

Phatman

6. Default  
    A few years ago I went to a haunt that had 2x4's spaced every 2 feet across the ceiling and they had screen stapled to it with a light shining sideways on it. the light made it look solid and the water would go right through it.The 2x4's give it a solid look when looking down a long hall.
    We use this method in our haunt to give it the feeling of having ceilings. Its very effective and the fire marshall approves it.
    Just something you might want to look into and you can get the screen in large rolls. Its easy to staple to the 2x4's.
    I like it better than the camo netting because it gives a cleaner smoother look.

Greg
    Fearfest

7. Default  
    These guys carry ceiling type vacuform patterns. They are a little thinner than what we see at the show but they are reasonable.

http://storefront.vacuformstore.com/...=index&cPath=8

Give them a try. Shipping reasonable too.

Wayne

8. Default  
    look at the dakrness post photos on this forum. larry just put in ceilings with sprinklers.

stew

9. Default  
    DSC02788.JPGDSC02558.JPG
    look at the dakrness post photos on this forum. larry just put in ceilings with sprinklers.

stew

10. Default  
    I am very interested in this idea, do you have any pictures that show how this effect worked? Do you mean a metal mesh screen like for a screen door or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by N2SPOOKINU View Post
    A few years ago I went to a haunt that had 2x4's spaced every 2 feet across the ceiling and they had screen stapled to it with a light shining sideways on it. the light made it look solid and the water would go right through it.The 2x4's give it a solid look when looking down a long hall.
    We use this method in our haunt to give it the feeling of having ceilings. Its very effective and the fire marshall approves it.
    Just something you might want to look into and you can get the screen in large rolls. Its easy to staple to the 2x4's.
    I like it better than the camo netting because it gives a cleaner smoother look.

Greg
    Fearfest

Thread Information