HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Ceilings for an Indoor Haunt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    This is the only pic I could find at the moment. You will notice are haunts are under commercial canopies (tents). This pic was taken during the day with sunlight at its brightest. When its dark outside you dont notice the ceiling is false. We use fiberglass screen. When we did a test burn on it it just turned to dust.
    We still treat it just for safety though.
    The crown moulding makes it easy to hide the edges and it works great.
    I hope this helps.

Gregslash and prom 010.JPG

2. Default  
    Heres another pic but at night.pics from phone 093.jpg
    Greg

3. Default  
    Very interesting topic since one of the big things we are doing this year at The Darkness for our 20th season and the Transworld Haunt Tour is building ceilings on all of our new scenes.

If you come to the tour you'll see a massive amount of ways we created false ceilings... you can create them several different ways. Probably the easiest of all the ways is camo net over your scenes. But I will tell you another big thing I'm into is 12 foot tall scenes... there isn't one single scene in the Darkness that is 8 foot everything is built up!

Come to the tour this year and you'll see probably 10 different ways we built false ceilings. www.TheDarkness.com

This actually might make for a great article in Hauntworld Magazine. I'll have to think about writing it .

4. Default  
    Another effective and inexpensive way of doing it providing your Fire Marshall approves is using wooden or plastic lattice. It will not affect your sprinkler system at all. Plus it gives you some very cool ways to do some lighting effects from above. My entire haunt the last few years was completely covered and it did a great job making you feel very claustrophobic and closed in.
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Thread Information