HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Do you belong to HAA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Do you belong to HAA 
    My question is do you belong to the Haunted Attraction Association? Or do you have another that you have joined. I am a person who thinks that a national organization is good for dealing with industry issues that a individual is to small to go deal with. I am planning on joining again now that my membership has lapsed but did not know if there were better options. I am not posting this to start a debate but just to see what everyone else is doing and why.

Phatman

2. Default  
    I am, only because of the auction
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

3. Default  
    Thanks Tater, I love your tag line it is like you are talking directly at me. What auction? Remember I'm a little slow.

Phatman

4. Default  
    The HAA Auction I think its Saturday afternoon. I always donate myself in hopes someone wants me for a weekend.
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

5. Default  
    I usually don't do auctions because I'm to competitive and hate to lose so I tend to over pay just to win.

Phatman

6. Default True 
    Quote Originally Posted by austind View Post
    My question is do you belong to the Haunted Attraction Association? Or do you have another that you have joined. I am a person who thinks that a national organization is good for dealing with industry issues that a individual is to small to go deal with. I am planning on joining again now that my membership has lapsed but did not know if there were better options. I am not posting this to start a debate but just to see what everyone else is doing and why.

Phatman
    True but sadly its dead in the water! I think I speak for many! Shane and it's WAS A GOOD THING WAS!

7. Default  
    It would be nice if we had an organization that could work on a haunt specific set of national fire codes for haunts only, building codes and such. We should be setting the standards so that FM and building departments have standard that fit the haunt industry and don't have to go off of standards set for other venues. Over the last few years I think the biggest reasons for haunts going out of business was the cost of meeting fire codes. Now that the economy stinks those haunts that did do the modifications to meet code were so strapped for cash that they couldn't make it through the tough times. If we were more proactive we could set reasonable standards that fit our needs. I have talked to 3 different FM and got 3 different interpretations of the same code, it's like they don't know what they should do with a haunted house. Shane I think you should heads this up for the industry, I was in your class last year and saw how well you dealt with the FM in the class. LOL

Phatman

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by graystone View Post
    True but sadly its dead in the water! I think I speak for many! Shane and it's WAS A GOOD THING WAS!
    Truer words were never spoken. It's the same people running it every year too.

DA

9. Default  
    Joined several different variations of said organization but none seem worth it.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

10. Default  
    Associations for this industry just don't work and honestly in the end aren't really needed. If you hadn't noticed we've never had more haunt industry PEACE in years! I feel its because there is no association to divide people... let people think for themselves and argue, debate or discuss things on an open forum.

I think too often we get people wanting to run these things for the WRONG reasons... take the new association for example. Same President four years straight I think... c'mon already! Why?

The very first thing they did was to alienate people they didn't like ... what is new there? That is the story of associations in our industry past and present. These are my opinions and its the way I feel about it if you feel different do as you please. But I think you'll realize its like pouring water down the drain.

Show me the benefit to joining! Keep your money avoid them all together and let the thing die the sooner the better. If an association could or would actually do some good for all I would be 110% in favor if it embraced all haunts, all people as equal and the boards and officers rotated yearly, and lastly updated their website at the very least. LOL. The current HHA hasn't updated the news section in two years! Check it for yourself. So that begs the question what do they do?

Larry

Thread Information