HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Alligator Prop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default blue prints 
    Quote Originally Posted by spookhaven View Post
    We are making these for our zoo scene. Great idea!
    Attachment 15474
    Can you send the blue print on how you are making these.. I would love to make a couple for my swamp...

Send it to lincolns_asylum@yahoo.com

Thanks

2. Default ubelievable alligator 
    Oh oh oh me 2 Please frightteam@yahoo.com thanks in advance

3. Default  
    We haven't started ours yet. I will once we make them. Probably a month out yet. One of our folks found these pictures. We are going to try them out.

4. Default  
    Ive got a natural swamp that could really use one or two of these gators as well. Id love to have the blueprints or hire someone to make a couple for me after they do some trial and error with them! What tool is best for cutting tires? Ive tried a few and the saws all doesnt do it all with tires!

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Evernight View Post
    We are switching back to our Swamp theme this year and I am searching for a decent alligator prop - seems most big ones I find are $1000-3000......and the ones that I do find that are $200 or under are sold out or no longer made. Does anyone know of any companies selling alligator props?

Looking for something at least 5-6feet long...the bigger the better. We could possibly even just go with a really large alligator head if needed. - we can always make one if we absolutely have to but would rather spend our time making the things we can't find.

Any help would be great, Thanks!
    I'll have to check the condition of the mother mold we made for our 16' gator...but if it's still solid I could price it out for you. Our original pour had a custom welded animatronic in it...but you could do just the form. I would guess the foam itself would be around $400-$500. You could paint it yourself and save a few bucks there.

I think the similar DU static gator was around 2k. The other issue would be shipping...It's obviously "oversize" and about 60lbs. I'd purchased a couple of the small ones from little spider, but they didn't hold up in commercial use.

If you want to see a pic of the ones I did email me at desautell@gmai.com and I'll dig them up.
    Kathryn DeSautell
    Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by spookhaven View Post
    We are making these for our zoo scene. Great idea!
    Attachment 15474

That's really very creative!
    Kathryn DeSautell
    Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

7. Default Mistress DeSade - 
    Shot you an email but haven't heard back from you - would love to see some pics of the alligator - feel free to email me at evernighthaunt@ hotmail.com

8. Default No response - 
    Ok I have had 3 separate people offer an alligator of some sort....they all said send them a message for more information......not one has responded after that. So we are still looking for something to use if anyone has any ideas that aren't super expensive
    Last edited by Evernight; 04-10-2013 at 02:13 PM.

9. Default  

10. Default Good idea - 
    Thanks Allen, that's a good idea - I think if we can't find one to use we may just sculpt it from foam, or I found a nice size "resin" head on ebay which could work. My plan is to have it either come out of the water as they are crossing a bridge....or just have it rush out from some swamp cover - so really I can pull it off with just a head if needed.

Thread Information