HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Wall ideas for a elementary school house....

1. Default Wall ideas for a elementary school house.... 
    Hello,

New here. I am already planning a house for 2013 for the local elementary school.

I want to do away with the classic black plastic and wanted to do something a little more professional.

Been trying to find a way to do walls that are sturdier that black plastic but cannot afford ocb board nor is it usefull for storage or PTA moms to set up.

I am looking at 1x8 wood as frames for the walls.

Has anybody used Poly Board? I found 4x50 ft rools at home depot for $30. 4 rolls would cover the floor walls and ceiling. Its a paper/cardoard material that is used to prevent underneath floor stains.

Also is 1x8's able to make a decent wall structure? I am looking at it because they are only 84 cents each.

Thanks,

2. Default  
    What ever you use it must be flame retardant. Here is a link to a story that you should see. Just because it is a PTA event there needs to be care taken to make sure it is safe. Try to see if a local haunt my loan you some walls they are not using, I know some have old walls that are a little run down that just sit. Good luck.

http://www.sfm.illinois.gov/document...0Buildings.pdf

Phatman

3. Default  
    Where are you located?

And well, how long will this be set up? Typical throughout?

4. Default  
    Classic black plastic?? :roll:

5. Default  
    Talk to the PTA/PTO and the school's drama dept. Also talk to the local middle and high school's drama departments. They may have walls you can borrow.

6. Default Where to purchase Black Plastic Anti-static FR rated 
    http://www.globalplasticsheeting.com/
    Ask for Lee Hinsley he has rolls the same cost as Home Depot, FR rated.

Thread Information