HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: $700.00 gift card to FRIGHTMASTERS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default $700.00 gift card to FRIGHTMASTERS 
    I have a 700.00 dollar gift card to frightmasters for que-line entertainment for 350.00 bucks
    bknipper@comcast.net

2. Default Gift card 
    Or trade for something

3. Default  
    Whar does this gift card entitle you too?

4. Default Frightmasters 
    The gift card they won is for a Professional Haunted House Radio Commercial. And for a queline rules and entertainment c.d with sound effects. They won our prize at the Insane Shane Party. They came to our booth the next day and talked to me about they dont run a haunted house. Instead they do a haunted house website or something. They didnt ask me if it was okay if they sold it. But since Im the nice person I am I will honor whoever buys its. If you purchase it or even if your interested in it. Please feel free to call me with any questions.
    Thanks,
    Damon Carson
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    (573) 253-6508
    Damon Carson

5. Default  
    Wow. Kind of shady... Profiting from a free gift sure is in that gray area....

Guess we need to re-eval for next years party regarding giveaways and unauthorized transfers to anyone other than the winner?

6. Default Gift card 
    I am sorry Damon ,, I just wasn't thinking ,,,, I did not mean to step on any toes ,, I just thought someone else could use it ,, gift card will be discarded ,, and I will delete this post when I can figure out how ,, again ,, my apologies !!!

7. Default  
    Again, wow. What a shame..... I'd love to use that kind of thing.

8. Default what the ? 
    This is outrageous they should be allowed to sell it if they can't use it after all it was a prize and they won it fair and square. I think reevaluation is in order on the unauthorized transfer of prizes I seen the same person walk away with four prizes. I'm sure they had multiple tickets but they obviously transferred the raffle tickets authorized or not and no one blinked an eye. After all If you bought raffle tickets for any reason under the sun and won a rifle or car or whatever it may be and had no use for it no one in the whole world would give a spit.

9. Default  
    It's tacky and in bad taste, that's the difference.

These are donated items from folks of our industry that wanted to help Shane out. We make no money from this, simply doing it to help networking and have a fun time while doing it.

Trying to profit from a free donation is tacky. Period. If anything selling for 99 dollars to recoup money spent on the party would be in order. Otherwise, vendors like Damon may eventually opt to stop donating because their offerings are being sold for profit after they themselves already donated them FREE of charge.

Just my opinion, but others agree.

10. Default  
    I don't agree... unless it says this prize is non transferable the new owner has the right to sell, lite on fire or blow out of a cannon as with any giveaway anywhere. Every time I have been there people have sold stuff they won 2 seconds ago or traded..who cares.. its theirs. Not tacky and pretty normal and as someone who normally donates why would I care if the person wants it or someone has better use for it.

Thread Information