HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: TransWorld Shoot Me Straight

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    I have to agree with you Larry, I thought the interactive haunted house was terrible. Last year's house was 10x better! I did have a lot of fun! We ended up buying a couple things to add to our attraction this year.
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.com

2. Default  
    I want to add something, I thought the $1,000 minimum purchase from "some" vendors is stupid. They lost our business because of that. Just saying
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.com

3. Default  
    I think the reason this years TW looks like last year, and all the other years is because when a vendor comes out with a great product 4 or 5 other vendors try copying it, and display it the following year.....

Masks - Everyone sees CFX and others getting 2000 for thier masks, thats why I believe there are all these mask vendors this year.

Animatronics, Everyone wants the next level........ and the technology is out there, BUT who is going to pay 50,000 for 1 creature.

NOT THIS INDUSTRY...
    If you want better you must pay for it......
    stew
    Last edited by Darksidestew; 03-11-2013 at 05:02 PM.

4. Default $1,000 dollar minimum ? in this economy ? 
    this show is DOOMED !!!!!! no one has any money and these guys are making you spend at least a grand. gimmie a break. Thank you for hurting ALL OF US !!!!!

5. Default I'll be at NATIONAL HAUNTERS this spring and HOUSTON next year. 
    both those show ROCK !!!!!!! and everyone who is ANYONE is there.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by john haines View Post
    both those show ROCK !!!!!!! and everyone who is ANYONE is there.
    John you are way off NO ONE goes to either show! Houston was beyond dead and national looks more like a craft store or church bazaar than a real convention. A few big guys go but it's probably 95% enthusiast and small time of home Haunter. Most Haunters are building then.

DA

7. Default Heyyyyyyyyyyyy 
    I bought one of the doughnut machines! Shane and it's one of the few things I did buy. But I have so much I need to start using what I have. Shane and it's maybe its my age now!

8. Default  
    Dammit Shane I hope it wasn't the last one, did you get the little orbits? I loved it i would have bought one but i am fat enough, I did hear more talk about that than most props. I think this year was a show for the guy at the average haunt not the guy looking to spend $50,000 to $100,000. There was more stuff for the average Joe that only had a few thousand and wanted to make impactful purchase for his haunt. By up grading your props for your actors you can really stretch dollar, and who knows you have better attendance next year and you can go buy the big stuff then. It's not like it won't still be there next year when you hopefully can afford them.

DA I have to agree with you about national.

Phatman

9. Default  
    I was pretty happy with the show. I think Gore Galore and Poison props knocked it out of the park. Stiltbeast studios did pretty well and sold out of masks by saturday 90% being gone on Thursday. I mostly hung in my booth the whole time and we had a steady flow.
    Im going to agree with DarkAngel in saying that National Haunters convention is tiny. It is like a Haunt craft fair as opposed to a show. Im not saying dont go, but saying it is a better show to buy things for your haunt is silly. Houston also has very little for haunts, great for a halloween store but not good for haunts.
    Allen H

10. Default Didn't go.. 
    We decided not to go this year for the first time in a while because of exactly the reasons already mentioned......we were 30% down on ticket sales which means 30% down on money, and the first thing to get the budget cut is props.....you cant cut your marketing, you cant cut your staff, and you cant cut your insurance, utilities, etc. so the only thing to cut is props.....and if I don't have the money to buy things, there is no point in making the trip up just to look. I know of a few haunts in my area that stayed at home as well for the same reasons.

Thread Information