HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: TransWorld Shoot Me Straight

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default you had to look this year... 
    Had to look for that item to grab you this year. Last year as soon as you walked in the door Gore Galore's stuff LITERALLY jumped out at you. This year it was still great Gore Galore stuff with newer of same idea....or peak under the skirt to see new "better built way". Even my "wow" of year you could not see by walking the aisle; you had to go inside the vortex to experience the new tilting bridge.

Bought stuff that wowed me last year.

Wicked Farmer

2. Default  
    I arrived on Friday and commented on how dead it was. It was extremely easy finding a parking spot this year compared to previous years. There weren't many innovative products this year and not much really stood out. Scarefactory didn't have much that would make my jaw drop and it was just the same old stuff from everyone else it seemed. I was really impressed with Immortal Masks compared to the other silicone masks there. Halloween Productions had some great CGI props that I think were just as good as Pale Night Productions if not better. I think there was a time period where the haunt industry was getting bigger and bigger with new products that would rival Hollywood. The haunt industry grew too fast and it's hard to be innovative when you've reached your full potential. It was a good show, but not a great one.
    Spooky Wishes
    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

3. Default  
    Farmer you know you country boys live a simpler life than us city folk but I was wowed by the girl in the latex body paint booth but she was not for sale. So I will have to stick with the donut machine. I did like the zombie doors from Scarefactory and the price seems good but worried about the build quality and durability of it. I will have to put a post up after haunts shut down for the next season to see it anybody bought it and how it worked for them. You did tell me at the show that you have some SF products and have never had a problem so I am still on the fence as far as buying one. The bridge was a nice twist for the vortex tunnel and I did like the new line from Poison Props.

Phatman

4. Default  
    [QUOTE=Jolly Pumpkin;147715] It was extremely easy finding a parking spot this year compared to previous years.

Got up early to move from hotel Sunday "to get a good parking spot" for taking home my Poison & Distrotions props I bought. HA!!!!! parking on west side of show floor was a breeze! Went to lunch and drove to Pappy's Smokehouse. Returned to show at 2:00pm as show was ending and got my same great parking spot back. Sure glad I got up early on a night we set clocks ahead LOL!

5. Default  
    Did they have ribs? And why did you not bring any back for me?

Phatman

6. Default Sorry Phatman... 
    Unlike Wed. night we did not have to see them add ribs to the SOLD OUT board just before we ordered. Had ribs, pulled pork and brisket. I think Pappy's was my real "wow" of the show. Went there 3 times. Yeah, twice without you. Went back just before I headed home Thursday afternoon on my first St. Louis run.

Wicked Farmer

7. Default  
    I thought this years show was 100 times better than last year from the standpoint of variety. We saw the same transformation with IAAPA from large vendors to small vendors who have unique items. We saw a lot of mask companies...that is a great thing. We saw a lot of detailed booths... awesome. We saw several costume companies ... couldn't be happier! We also saw some food vendors for the first time so I would say finally we are moving closer to IAAPA. Plus we had several retail type companies, zip lines, inflatables and more. I loved it!

The things that left me feeling totally underwhelmed...

1) Interactive Haunt: If you ask me it was one of the worst things at the show! i was looking at it going what is the point to this??? It totally made no sense and wasn't even 1/10th as detailed as the 90% of the booths and the products where not well placed, showcased or whatever. It was just pointless. I'm not in any way trying to take away from all the people who worked hard to set it up I guess my overall feelings are we don't need this product. There should be a replacement concept like a haunter build off, building sets live, maybe a big showcase in the middle of the show floor where vendors can buy demo time or something rather than on wings of the show... do something right in the middle something truly interactive because the interactive haunt was anything but...

2) Animations: Totally not the year for animations and they bring a lot of excitement to the show in the past... maybe we've run out of ideas here. Maybe its time for something new and different I think animations should be limited and those same vendors should focus on props, or other concepts.

But overall I think the show offered more bang this year because of the little stuff while at the same time might leave you with the impression it wasn't exciting. I get it.

Larry

8. Default  
    Its a BUYERS / VENDORS SHOW...So far, from what I hear....not good

If no one buys or sells .......its a failure. My 2 cents.

Stew

9. Default  
    But overall I think the show offered more bang this year because of the little stuff while at the same time might leave you with the impression it wasn't exciting. I get it.

Larry[/QUOTE]

BINGO Larry! And as far if no one buys or sells (Stew)... I bought my normal amount. Threw some at newer vendors who had little things I liked. Big animations years ago helped put me on the map...like Slayer on the Pediment of Scarefactory. It got the news cameras (doubt it would today in my area). Paid more attention last few years to enhancing actors with things that go POW, cast of sparks while clanging knives together, or made loud nosie. Got the whole spectrum now from great eye candy to surprising props and actor enhancers. But the excitement of seeing new stuff, like that of Christmas morning after Santa came of many years ago....just wasn't there for me this year.

Wicked farmer
    Last edited by wickedfarmer; 03-11-2013 at 04:07 PM.

10. Default Next year for us 
    I've been doing trade shows for decades in another industry. When you do a show every year, pretty soon it starts looking like last year, with maybe a few new items being showed off. We didnt go to TW this year for two reasons;

1. Ticket sales for us were not great, and I want to use the money that I would have spent traveling to TW on new stuff for the haunt.
    2. Even last year I started seeing a lot I saw the previous year, and I think every other year is probably a good thing (unless we are just so flush with cash we need a road trip)

I am hoping to see the stuff vendors brought to the show via the web and their sites, and I will be making purchases that way, but my purchases this year will be very selective, and the vendors even more so (after going through some bad experiences last year).

With all that said, someone post some pictures would ya!!
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Thread Information