HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: When did Hauntworld stop answering questions?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. Default When did Hauntworld stop answering questions? 
    #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Davison, Michigan
    Posts
    1,751
    When did this site stop answering questions that people asked? When I first was a member here, you could ask a question and someone would give actually give a response. It used to feel like a nice networking site here. When did that go out the door? Is it just a matter of a lot of people don't get on here anymore or very few people take the time to answer stuff? Do people only come here to see the photos people upload? That Allan H guy is one of the only people that seems to answer things.
    Jared Layman
     

  2. Default  
    #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    2,788
    Many questions still get answered here, I think we have just stabalized members for a while and many of them know the answers to the basic questions, also wenowhave a trove of info and we can simply post a link to where their question was answered before.
     

  3. Default  
    #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,587
    It happened about 5 or so years ago when all the experienced Haunters stopped coming around anymore. It used to be great now people look elsewhere to exchange info and ideas.

    DA
     

  4. Default  
    #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    2,788
    My God Dark Angel you are a genius! thats it.
     

  5. Default  
    #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Daphne, Alabama
    Posts
    40
    I read, watch, listen and search a lot more than I ever post. As I am not a "pro" yet, I don't feel comfortable posting a lot. With that said, I have found Hauntworld extremely helpful. Allen, Shane, Larry, and many others couldn't be more generous with their time and knowledge. I wonder how the heck everyone finds the time to share so much information. I for one am grateful for everyone's participation on this site.

    Even when I do not agree with some things that are posted, I always appreciate the variety of perspectives.

    Thanks,

    John Cowan
     

  6. Default  
    #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Davison, Michigan
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhaunter View Post
    Allen, Shane, Larry, and many others couldn't be more generous with their time and knowledge. I wonder how the heck everyone finds the time to share so much information.
    I'm glad you have found Larry generous. My last two interactions with Larry have just involved him severly insulting my wife to me and embarrassing me in front of my partners.
    Jared Layman
     

  7. Default  
    #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Daphne, Alabama
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by mindtumor View Post
    I'm glad you have found Larry generous. My last two interactions with Larry have just involved him severly insulting my wife to me and embarrassing me in front of my partners.
    I don't know what happened between you and Larry. I certainly don't have a dog in that fight. No one likes to be insulted and / or embarrassed, most especially in front of family and friends.

    I only posted after reading Allen's post. I wanted to be sure I expressed my thanks for everyone's time. I have only met Larry once. My interaction with him was pleasant. I have read a lot of his posts over the years. Some times I agree with his prospective and sometimes I don't. I use the information I find helpful on this site and discard the rest. I am appreciative of all the information - even that which I discard.

    I certainly intended no offense to you or anyone else.
     

  8. Default  
    #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pataskala, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    813
    For the record I would just like to say...I dont answer shit...
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
     

  9. Default  
    #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Davison, Michigan
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by southernhaunter View Post
    I don't know what happened between you and Larry. I certainly don't have a dog in that fight. No one likes to be insulted and / or embarrassed, most especially in front of family and friends.

    I only posted after reading Allen's post. I wanted to be sure I expressed my thanks for everyone's time. I have only met Larry once. My interaction with him was pleasant. I have read a lot of his posts over the years. Some times I agree with his prospective and sometimes I don't. I use the information I find helpful on this site and discard the rest. I am appreciative of all the information - even that which I discard.

    I certainly intended no offense to you or anyone else.
    It's fine I didn't take offense to you, there isn't a fight to have a dog in anyway, its just the way it is. The thread's intent isn't about that individual anyway. It's a more of commentary on stimulating conversation and questions being answered on this board as of the last few years. I guess those questions are basic though so the thread has already been answered.
    Jared Layman
     

  10. Default  
    #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    My God Dark Angel you are a genius! thats it.
    Well I'm no Allen Hopps but I like to think you're right!

    DA
     

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •