HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: When did Hauntworld stop answering questions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Jared I am not here to defend Larry but I have asked a question of him in the past and not got a response too. But I did ask again and he did give me a answer. So I think that when it is busy like before TW and the haunt season it is difficult for him to keep track of the conversations going on here. Larry has all was answered his phone when I call and has always answered any questions that I may have. I am not close with Larry and am not here to state that he is perfect, but some times I miss things too. I went and looked for your question and did not see it. Could you ask it again please so I can catch up. I will be honest that sometimes the questions that get asked are answered by the first person and I do not post a reply.

Phatman

2. Default  
    People have lives outside of this website and if they don't get to answering your question then so be it. Does that answer anyone's question?
    Spooky Wishes
    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

3. Default  
    Couple things... don't know where you posted a question but I try to answer all questions. I have posted on here many many many times and said I don't check the email box here nor do I check facebook email box either. I get about 150 emails a day and there is where I focus my time. I get on the forums every single day and check them out. I dont' see every post... so I do miss some.

My email is darkrides@sbcglobal.net send me an email I answer ALL emails!

Larry

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by austind View Post
    Jared I am not here to defend Larry but I have asked a question of him in the past and not got a response too. But I did ask again and he did give me a answer. So I think that when it is busy like before TW and the haunt season it is difficult for him to keep track of the conversations going on here. Larry has all was answered his phone when I call and has always answered any questions that I may have. I am not close with Larry and am not here to state that he is perfect, but some times I miss things too. I went and looked for your question and did not see it. Could you ask it again please so I can catch up. I will be honest that sometimes the questions that get asked are answered by the first person and I do not post a reply.

Phatman
    You don't need to defend him, because he wasn't mentioned in the first post. The only time he was mentioned in this post you wouldn't be able to defend him for that even if you wanted to. Its not about him. Hopp's answered the question anyway so its a dead topic at this point.
    Jared Layman

5. Default  
    Jared

What is your question I try to answer all questions when I see them!

Larry

6. Default  
    Allen is the "Shell Answer Man" if you are old enough to know what that means. I am not here to defend anybody but I will tell what my own experiences have been. I will say that most of the time I have a question the people on the forum have given me thier honest opinion or answer. I may not agree or like it but they still give you a answer. Sorry you have had some bad luck but I feel that this forum is a good resource for information about what others are thinking in our industry. It is good to bounce ideas off others just to see if they can add to my ideas.

Phatman

7. Default  
    There are a few challenges and things that happen throughout the year with the haunt industry.

Right around Halloween a new series of people enter the site and demand concrete answers and have probably never even been through a haunted house. I personally have driven to see sites and come to find out the people have only attended ONE haunted house as a customer and have a wild idea that running a business is like what the articles on Yahoo say.

Then anyone who makes things is heavily involved in manufacturing things to prepare for the tradeshows or after the tradeshows completing custom work that was ordered. In September and October, you literally have shows open and everyone does work hard and long hours and somehow is also supposed to meet the demand of people who have nothing going on and lots of spare time.

Then it seems no one really likes or agrees with the advice. In short they haven't done anything or thought through any advice but it doesn't sound like what they want to hear.

Further do you have any idea how much per hour all these people that are offering their time actually can earn per hour? And they are literally giving that time to you and then it isn't really appreciated? That Allen H guy? How about it is Mister Allen Hopps.

Then another thing is, you have all this advice and conversation for years and years aquired and asked, what are you going to do with this knowledge? Anything? Or has something that should be highly praised and appreciated been given the same real respect as a Ghetto myspace chat room.

All the big names are still out here and check in occasionally but, each have been disrespected, not believed, challenged for their offerings or demanded upon. It takes a lot of time type out stupid paragraphs and seem coherent. Then no one reads them and asks the question that was just answered. Maybe it is Floride in the water or the entire screwed up school system or some kind of substance abuse. This has always been a professional board with a splash of entertainment and comaradary.

Questions are being answered on here by people that command $30 to $600 and more per hour. Then not specifically anyone on this discussion but in general the responders are told they probably never did any of that, don't really know and it isn't what they heard from someone else who is also not a long time success. It seems people that start up and go out of business in 3 years and have to change towns as many times to keep their business sounding like it is exciting this time around, and again go out of business seem to have better advice than people that have successfully been in this business for 15, 20 or 25 years or even more. So if no one really cares, why work so hard making sure your every question is answered?

I personally got overwhelmingly busy and caught myself expending too much energy justifying things to people who don't know and don't believe that will never buy one of my products or support any of my services. Then I do pay attention, 5 months later the SAME question rolls around from the same people like they never internalized the conversation the first time around.

I do get lots and lots of private messages and email because people have gone through the search function and looked at the past hundred years of posts.

My personal grip is perhaps a current economic condition of the country and the world, where many times some one with a college degree, even a masters degree gets on here and every, not a few, everything they have been led to believe by their college professors is a lie. The world doesn't work like filling out an application or just talking to lots of people and someone will give you something. The teachers never did it and have a curiculum and everyone that graduates is special. Haunted Houses are generally a hands on thing, it isn't a trophy, you either have skills or you don't or you can develop them but it isn't a magic wand, you do things make things, think things through and test them to make sure they work and are recieved well by customers. It isn't just make out a list of things to buy.

I personally am kind of confused. Maybe it is much simpler than that and the idiots that have great credit and think they are somebody and should buy everything are the customers and you should take their cash and shut up? Who cares if they are broke and bankrupt in a year or two. Who cares if they find themselves in debt to a tremendous degree and none of this worked out for them like they imagined or were led to believe by their education.

Now I have found everything that is involved in every facet of the Haunted House business has actually made my other businesses excel in practice and made my time next to nothing. Not that this post is something I feel is worth $25 but, perhaps I find myself outputting to this site that has helped me out so tremendously to the point of taking away what I should be doing. Then on top of that to not be believed, or someone that has 3 posts telling me I just need to not respond and I didn't tell them what they wanted to hear. Some people don't know how to have a conversation. They want stuff.

So when are you a success? When maybe you have not had a real job for several decades? Don't owe alot of money and without advertising have people calling you regularly for things that earn you money. So there is a bigger cycle of people don't have any free time when they are busy and successful. If some one is taking the time to give back to the comunity, it isn't really free to the giver.

SO again, what are all the answers doing for you? Has it been entertaining? Has it proven to be something that now fully decribed isn't something you really want to do? It's great to just watch all this crap because it is all free? Something popped in my head when I got really busy and I watched a webinar that kind of depressed the shit out of me. New entrepeneurs are making business plans and just incase you didn't know, this is a scam and business coaches and mentors charge $175 to $270 per day, usually one day or two days per month to make your business happen. To intimately review your strategies and thinking toward some goal. Lots of times these businesses put in their business plan that they will spend so many thousands of dollars for travel to better learn the industry they are engaged in.

And here everyone DEMANDS a free and complete responce to their every day dream. What is this information being used for?

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

8. Default  
    Whoa that was one long answer. Good points, but long! Lol

Jake

9. Default  
    Jake- have you met Greg? thats how he rolls. ..and he always has good points- sometimes it takes a bit of decipheringbut the points are always valid. Like Greg I get a ton of PM questions andemails from the site. I think alot of people dont want to risk ridicule and go right to the source who they know will help them. I honestly think I spend about 10 hours a week answering questions here or chasing white rabbits online to help another haunter out. Members ebb and flow no doubt-when it gets hard for me is when punk kids (I was one once) think they know everything and ask 100 questions that they should know the answers to. I rarely get pissy, but that will drive me to it faster than anything.
    Allen H

10. Default  
    To get the polished version of my own language, it has to be deciphered through an Indian PHD as related to a Chinese guy who has very little English, then completely rewritten by 2 aerospace engineers and entering it through the Congressional record. Then it comes off slick and saves the world on occasion.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Thread Information