HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: HauntWorld Magazine - Transworld SHOW THREAD

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default HauntWorld Magazine - Transworld SHOW THREAD 
    OKay this is THE THREAD please don't start 50 others... lets put everything in one place so later on down the road we can re-live this years show. So if you see something you like, have a video, have a photo, loved something you did or whatever post it here. Also for the next Magazine we will publish the best of the show... so here is what we need to know for starters.. see below. Also wanted to mention we updated the front page of Hauntworld.com check it out and let us know what you thought! Start uploading your photos, videos, and adding your thoughts and opinions! BTW if you have a subscription to the magazine pick it up during the show at our booth!

Who had the best overall new products

Who had the best overall single new animation or effect

Who had the best overall booth design

Who had the best new masks

Who had the best overall costumes

Best Event you attended during the show

Who had the best overall business to business product

Who had the best new props

Who had the goriest new prop or animation THE GORE AWARD

Who had the best product under $500 dollars and who had the best over $2500

Which speaker presented the best seminar

What was the best educational product or service offered at the show

What was the product that made you go WOW

2. Default  
    I did not hit the show floor today but my crew did there was about 10 companies there setting up. The show has officially begun... two more days to get everything set up!

I will take some pics today and send them over. Larry

3. Default  
    Okay tons of updates here... I walked around the show and I'm just being honest here. Based on what I saw and keep in mind only maybe 30% of the show seems set up. I'm uploading photos of the different booths so far... I personally think its better to take photos when no one is there. I will try to snag more later today.

The best overall booth so far and again they are NOT set up totally yet... this is tough! Gore Galore might have the best booth, Dark Raven might as well... House of the Dead guys booth is really awesome but it wasn't done! Their detail is really incredible. Kudos to those guys! Scarefactory had a really cool inflatable... but best overall booth without seeing anything work probably Dark Raven or Gore Galore. Larry

DSC03328.JPGDSC03329.JPGDSC03330.JPGDSC03331.JPGDSC03332.JPG

4. Default  
    Here is the Dead House booth... again really awesome detail but when I saw their booth it was MAYBE 70% done so hard to judge them yet! But from what I saw it was really awesome. They brought part of a trailer haunt which they detailed out the inside and it was really incredible. My only concern with it is I know what it takes for us to open one of those certain ramps, electrical, sprinkler system, and they way they had people doing a U in the trailer would never work based on the traditional configuration that we've seen trailer haunts. They might have a different configuration in mind... but I will say this and I'm just being honest I've never seen the inside of a trailer haunted house that detailed. It was pure amazing. I think they said they are offering them for 20k per trailer however based on my insight you would need to do a lot of safety work and work to make them secure as well on top of it... but in all honesty if you get the trailer and the detail it would be worth it. I would still like to see how they plan to match them up and make a configuration out of them and if they plan to offer sprinklers, electrical, e-lights, ramps, roll up metal doors or what... all that stuff ads up quickly when building a trailer haunt.

DSC03332.JPGDSC03333.JPGDSC03334.JPGDSC03340.JPG

I have a trailer haunt and mine isn't 1/10 as good... however I never put much time into mine but maybe now I will! LOL

Again totally kudos to these guys ... amazing crew!

Larry

5. Default  
    Like I said with Dead House... I did NOT see anything work, nor was anything totally done. When I went over to Dark Raven he was still working on his booth as well but I must say he's probably one of the only companies that actually sells animations and on top of it does amazing detail work around the animations. Does he have the best overall booth... hard to say I need to see what his animations do first. But it looked very very impressive.

Gore Galore looks like he brought the whole entire TOWN with him... he might have the most stuff of any company at the show.

I didn't see Ghost Rides booth they are still working on it so I'll grab pics of their booth later.

Larry
    DSC03343.JPGDSC03344.JPGDSC03345.JPGDSC03346.JPGDSC03347.JPG

6. Default  
    I saw Distortions Booth but it didn't look finished ... they told me they need an entire day to finish it. So hard to say anything about their stuff just yet... like I said and if we're lucky maybe 40% of the show is actually set up right now. LONG WAYS TO GO!

I did notice that the show didn't stretch as far into the second hall I guess a lot of Halloween retail vendors passed this year. Oh well!
    DSC03348.JPGDSC03349.JPGDSC03353.JPGDSC03354.JPGDSC03355.JPG
    Larry

7. Default  

8. Default  

9. Default  

10. Default  

Thread Information