HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: 3D Haunt - Blue/Red Color Change Concept

Hybrid View

1. Default 3D Haunt - Blue/Red Color Change Concept 
    I have an idea that I'm not sure has been tried before. I didn't find anything in the search.

In a 3D haunt, I'd like to have one or several faces, or some other symbol, spear, blade, ect. cutout and backlit in a blue light. Then when a patron walks up, it is switched over to a red light. My theory is that it would almost be like an animatronic (visually) jumping off the wall. Has this been done? Any thoughts?

2. Default  
    Imnot as versedin the red/blue 3D, but it should be easy to test on a computer screen small scale. I think both the blue and red lights need to be on at the same time.
    Allen H

3. Default  
    I believe you need the prop to move from the blue to the red... thats how I think I saw it.

4. Default More Info 
    Here's more of the thought to try to clarify. It not about a prop moving under colored lighting.
    This is all on the side of a wall. Think of a shape cutout with white plexi and a light box behind it.
    A blue light on one side, a red light on the other or maybe two strands of rope light around the edges.
    Just flip a switch and have the color immediately change over from blue to red, "jumping" out at them.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

5. Default  
    Since I owned a 3D haunt for many years, I will put in my 2 cents.

Just having a blue light or red light isn't going to make the prop look/act 3D (or have a vision of varying distance to seem it is standing out)
    For the most effective 3D action, it needs to be the prop painted flourescent and lit up with UV lighting.
    The pigments in the paint is what makes the difference when used with blacklights.
    Colored lights won't get near the effect I think your looking for.
    Tom
    Creator of the Dungeon
    WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

6. Default  
    Tom,

This is what I was looking for! Thank you!

It is the UV PAINT, not just the general colors of blue or red, for the better 3D effect.

So then, what do you think about this? You have a blue image painted on the wall with
    the UV reacting with the blcklight as in normal 3D. The picture is on a sidways sliding panel
    with the same image painted in red UV paint. Quickly slide over from B to R. (Or use a type of drop
    panel for the transition, blue drops and exposes red, maybe much faster)

More likely to work for the effect I'm thinking?

Thread Information