HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: The Madness (is Coming!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default The Madness (is Coming!) 
    Hello to everyone. First of all, I want to ask the Mods that if this post does not belong here to please relocate it where it does belong or delete it if it doesn't belong at all, 'cause I'm about to drop a shameless plug! and for a good reason. This is a project I've been working on for quite a long time and I think it deserves to be seen.
    The making of this page required all my bag of tricks plus I had to learn a few I didn't know! I am talking about The Madness; A plug-and-play Website template specifically designed for a haunt completely animated, cross-browser, cross-platform and completely ready to be used!

Here's the promo video I came up with for the page, it doubles as a commercial for whatever business or individual who buys it!

And here's the link to the website:

http://redcrowdesign.net/themadness

Any and all criticisms are welcome! Got questions about the making of or the behind the scenes? Please do ask them!
    Last edited by redcrowdesign; 05-07-2013 at 08:14 PM.

2. Default  
    So is this template geared to asylum type haunts? Trying to see from phone... Sorry.

3. Default  
    Yes, as a matter of a fact it is aimed towards asylum-based haunts. If you are watching it on a phone you are missing 95% of the awesomeness. Even with the iPad version you are not getting more than the 20% of the awesome. View on PC for the full effect.

4. Default Love it! 
    WOW! Really good job on that piece.
    That must have been a ton of work.
    Well done!

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by redcrowdesign View Post
    If you are watching it on a phone you are missing 95% of the awesomeness. Even with the iPad version you are not getting more than the 20% of the awesome. View on PC for the full effect.
    Just an opinion, but seems silly to invest in something that a majority of people may not see.

More and more people are on their phones, iPhones, iPads, the gamut. I'd think you'd want to further work on compatibility with these platforms.

It's a fantastic piece, don't get me wrong... Just a though/observation.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    WOW! Really good job on that piece.
    That must have been a ton of work.
    Well done!
    Thank you! It was a ton of work, in nearly all the disciplines I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Front Yard Fright View Post
    Just an opinion, but seems silly to invest in something that a majority of people may not see.

More and more people are on their phones, iPhones, iPads, the gamut. I'd think you'd want to further work on compatibility with these platforms.

It's a fantastic piece, don't get me wrong... Just a though/observation.
    There is not much you can do for iPads or Smartphones really due to the nature of their inner workings and I still wanted to do something fun, interactive and visually appealing. Mainly 'cause I love eyecandy.
    It is not me who has to work on the compatibility on those platforms, it is them who have to make better operative systems and better resource management and energy sources. I am already working with state-of-the-art technology for the mobile sites. At least the iPad one is fully animated HTML5, which can't be animated to the point flash can. Of course I can work with my programmers to develop an all-compatible cross-platform website that will look the same on all platforms but then again the costs would be prohibitive, not to mention it will take ages to load and it'll run slow-as-hell on smaller devices due to their hardware limitations. Mobile sites look like that for a good reason, and that reason is the software capabilities and the bandwidth of such devices.
    Sadly mobile devices are no fertile ground for cool-looking websites, I think they are rather the death of web aesthetics due to the narrow guidelines you need to follow to make something work on them. However technology is advancing rapidly and I believe that in 2 years tops web design will look way better than it does today on iPads and Smartphones .

7. Default  
    Who did the CGI work on the house and stuff... was that something you bought or created from scratch. Couple thoughts...

1) If you created the cgi house, and camera going through the house you truly have some amazing talent. Great job.

2) The CGI Zombie on the other hand was not very good and didn't look worthy of the rest of the animation. I would have filmed green screen that zombie and added him to the rest of the piece. I think that would have made it a lot better.

Larry

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    Who did the CGI work on the house and stuff... was that something you bought or created from scratch. Couple thoughts...

1) If you created the cgi house, and camera going through the house you truly have some amazing talent. Great job.

2) The CGI Zombie on the other hand was not very good and didn't look worthy of the rest of the animation. I would have filmed green screen that zombie and added him to the rest of the piece. I think that would have made it a lot better.

Larry
    I actually bought the house and the reception models and only re-processed the textures to customize them and make them look more realistic and professional, adding new layers of realism such as bump mapping, normals, specular, etc. Some textures were made completely from scratch because the model came "naked". I am normally capable of modeling such things from scratch really but since I wanted generic models and this was not a custom job I didn't bother since those were either really cheap or free. Now, for the corridor and padded room I did had a very specific thing in my mind so I did model and textured everything from scratch based on the picture I had in my head. The camera movements and everything else was in fact done by me.

The CGI Zombie is actually green screen footage. And looks like that 'cause I can't afford an actual green screen nor a camera that could shoot at 2000 lines of vertical resolution. All I had was a green cloth, two 500w light sources and a crappy DSL that can only shoot at 720p. So the final footage came out very dark and blurry and I had to do some restoration in post-production. Also, I'm not an actor, so that's probably the why of the bad acting. Also I am flattered that you think that's how a CGI character would look if I did it, sadly it's not the case, I still have to go a long way to do CGI characters look that believable even tho you don't like the way it looks like.
    Here's an example of what I'm really capable of CGI character wise:

Not the best CGI you've ever seen LOL...

9. Default  
    Ohh and the last picture, was in fact CGI LOL. Quite interesting in fact: I just couldn't afford to re-do all the makeup and set the camera and the "green screen" (please notice the giant quotes) to re-shoot the last bit so I used a photograph from that same shoot and then did a live performance, then tracked my facial expressions and movements and added the same deformation to some some photoshopped graphics made with photographs from that same day. It didn't came out very nicely but that's all I had. I've learned my lesson though; Always story-board the crap out of verything! XD

10. Default  
    I was going to say the same thing..pretty cool but, and I hope youre not offended because I believe that may be you, but the character is not very intimidating... anyway to go in and buff him up a bit.

Thread Information