HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Brian Wolfe Silent Auction at HauntCon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Brian Wolfe Silent Auction at HauntCon 
    I know many of you are aware of this already, but we're continuing the fund raising for Brian Wolfe...this one will be a silent auction at HauntCon. The booth at Transworld was intended to be merely donations-but at HauntCon we'll have all kinds of goodies to bid on.

We've gotten commitments from Ghoulish Gallery, DarkLight, Brain Chow, Bloody Mary, EFX-TEK, Hauntworld, Distortions, Vortex Fog Chillers, Froggy's Fog and Stiltbeast Studios just to name a few.

PLEASE consider sending something to help Brian fight for his life. Tickets to your event...a unique prop or mask...whatever you can. I need to get these in hand by April 15th so I can catalog, post, and get things set up for the tables. Bidding will go on from the time the doors open until 10pm the night of the ball.

email me at desautell@gmail.com for more information or where to send the items.

Thank you!!

Kathryn DeSautell
    Mistress DeSade
    Kathryn DeSautell
    Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

2. Default  
    I'd like to help out. I had Cancer a few years back. Stage 4 docs caught it in time.

Larry Carr
    Abracadaver
    abracadaverprops@yahoo.com

3. Default Brian Wolfe Silent Auction 
    Please consider donating to this very worthy person and cause.

Scaren Karen

4. Default Big Thanks so far to: 
    Froggy's Fog

Darklight Precision Lighting (HUGE donation...Thank you Quan!!!!)

EFX-TEK

Distortions Unlimited

Brainchow Studios

13th Street Morgue/Dundgeon of Doom

The Murder Mystery Company

Vortex Fog Chillers

Hauntworld Magazine

Bloody Mary (Bobbie Weiner)

The Ghoulish Gallery

We're going to have some GREAT items to auction off and I'm not ashamed to beg for more.

If my last name was Trump-I'd pay ALL his bills and make sure his family never had to worry about money. It's not-so this is what I CAN do.

PLEASE...PLEASE...if you have items we can donate (or you can make a direct contribution to Brian at http://www.gofundme.com/tg9l0.)

He's only at 14% of their goal. Guys...Brian has NO insurance and a wife and young child.

Here are some of the statistics on pancreatic cancer:

1. It is the 4th leading cause of cancer deaths. It has almost NO fundraising groups behind it (unlike Komen, etc)

2. Only 3%...read that again...3% live past the "5 year" threshold.

Brian has had some serious side effects with his latest (and seemingly last) type of chemo. In spite of all this....he smiles/he goes out with his brother and tries to work whenever he's not in the hospital.

I can tell you personally...that even when I had excellent insurance...I still spent 250,000 in "non-covered" expenses to fight my battle. It wiped me out financially-but EVERY single dollar donated helped me pay a light bill..or keep groceries in the house.

Miracles DO happen. Please...Please ...OMG please.

If you have a few (or a lot) of dollars...share. If you have a cool mask or prop or tickets to your show or a connection for gift card or WHATEVER...please help this friend of the haunt community.

I'm hoping that all items donated be about $100...but I will devote my time/energy to any and all donations!

Sorry for the long post...thank you again for all those who respond.

Kathryn
    Kathryn DeSautell

5. Default More Generous Donations!!! 
    Another HUGE THANK YOU today!!

Abracadaver - Larry Carr -THREE zombie heads!!!

The Haunt House-6 VIP Passes (Thank you Bart!)

Zombie Manor-2 VIP Passes (Thank you Dean & Crew!)

Jeff Wekenkel

I appreciate all of you so very much!!

Kathryn
    Kathryn DeSautell

6. Default Something you won't find on any shelf.... 
    HUGE THANKS to Cydney Neil, who's sending a bit of history to help the Brian Wolfe auction!

Some Rocky Point Haunted House items...autographed by Cydney herself will be included in this once in a lifetime opportunity to OWN a piece of haunted house history!!!

Can't Wait!!
    Kathryn DeSautell

7. Another donation!!!! 
    Ok...this is sort of like having a conversation with myself...but that's ok. I want everyone to know how giving and wonderful our haunt community can be!

Special thanks to MOXLEY MANOR (yay Richard!) who has donated 4 VIP Passes for the silent auction!!!!

SOOO happy to see the generosity pouring out. Believe me, I KNOW times are hard economically, so these are even more precious. THANK YOU!!

Keep them coming
    Kathryn DeSautell

8. Default Yay!!! 
    How AWESOME!!! Thank you all so much for your extreme generosity!!! We are hoping to raise a lot of money for Brian Wolfe with this Silent Auction.

9. Default  
    Just got an update from Zombie Manor.....They are donating 4 PAIRS of Fast Passes to the Auction for Brian!!!!!!!! (Thank you, thank you, thank you Dean!)!!!!!!

Want to put a little plug in for one of the donors I wasn't previously familiar with. Jeff Wehenkel sent me 4 AMAZING sculpted bottle stoppers (one of which I'm really hoping to win the bid on!)...then I looked at his web page. Holy Cow!!

http://ghastlycreations.weebly.com/mask-gallery.html
    Kathryn DeSautell

10. Default  
    I know this isn't HAuNTcon related, but we will be selling the purple wristbands that were at Transworld (thank you for sending them to me Karen) at the Canadian Haunted Attractions Conference this weekend. Everyone that buys a wristband or donates will be entered into a drawing for this really cool photo print, courtesy of Laura Dark. (photo is about 20x24)

So for anyone coming to CHAC, come by the Big Scary Show's booth and support Brian...

537777_592811124063875_567108575_n.jpg

Thread Information