HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Evil Dead... Okay so is it or isn't it???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Bruce Campbell is the franchise.

2. Default  
    He was the franchise 25-30 years ago at his age he'd look silly as Ash.

DA

3. Default  
    No way he still would play ash perfect... without Bruce this thing in my eyes just doesn't work! Bring back Bruce!

Larry

GROOVY BABY

4. Default  
    Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun. Ash kicks ass.

5. Default  
    Evil Dead made 11 million Friday. It should do about 26 million for the weekend. So who else saw this thing... what did you think? Larry

6. Default  
    Larry

If you watch and wait till the credits are over you see Bruce Campbell, Its not a spoiler but he just looks at the camera and says Groovy in his Ash shirt
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

7. Default Loved It - 
    Saw it Saturday with my daughter - We loved it. I thought it was a great re-imagining , loved that that didn't try to remake the original yet still found ways to toss in little nods to it. I've seen complaints and they have mostly been from people bitching about how it wasn't Evil Dead...well it's not, and if you went into the film to enjoy it as a horror fan then you would have liked it...but if you spent the whole movie trying to compare it, and pick it apart then no your not going to enjoy it.

It had some great "cringe" moments - no real "jump" moments that stood out but definitely some good spots that make cringe....kinda like when you see someone papercut the webbing between their toes....

All in all a great horror movie with all practical effects and no cgi....loved it!

8. Default  
    I didn't really like it. I thought it was pretty weak for a horror film. I really could care less about any character, so it really didn't evoke any emotion when they died. I didn't think anyone of the actors stood out as great.

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by remyghost View Post
    I didn't really like it. I thought it was pretty weak for a horror film. I really could care less about any character, so it really didn't evoke any emotion when they died. I didn't think anyone of the actors stood out as great.
    I don't think many horror movie short of Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs is known for having good actors. I mean, they put LL Cool J, Busta Rymes, Snoop Dogg, and Paris Hilton in horror flicks.

Jake

10. Default Latched onto a name 
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    Evil Dead made 11 million Friday. It should do about 26 million for the weekend. So who else saw this thing... what did you think? Larry
    I saw Evil Dead on opening night with a packed house. This is a good horror movie in my opinion. The Evil Dead tie just distracts from the movie. It is NOTHING like the Evil Dead movies i have seen, which are amazing in terms of imagination and ridiculous scenarios. I am surprised that Raimi and Bruce Campbell got behind this. It is a re-imagining of the story, not the actual Evil Dead movie. Maybe they really don't want anyone attempting to recreate the magic. you will miss the trademark camera work and sounds that are Raimi trademarks. He is still using them as of the latest Oz movie.

There's no way to forget about the Evil Dead movies while watching it because they make a point to pay homage repeatedly. I will still say if you compare it to other horror movies of today it stands out as a non-CGI masterpiece of inventive gore. Prepare to be disgusted a little.

Big problem with the realism related to "perfectly white teeth". Won't spoil anything, but geez, who missed that in the makeup room.

Ed Z - Evil Dead 2 fanatic

Thread Information