HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Parking Lot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Parking Lot 
    Who charges money to park? How much do you charge? Larry

2. Default Nooooo! 
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    Who charges money to park? How much do you charge? Larry
    I always resented being charged for parking when I am already paying for an event. In my opinion it is a gouge and nothing more. It's like a hidden service fee. Figure out some better way to raise revenue.

3. Default  
    Larry the two largest haunt up here close to me do. One has no parking of their own so the lots around it are pay only and I think The Realm of Darkness does. $5 I think.
    Phatman

4. Default Dont start Charging..... 
    To park at the Darkness. I know you do at Creepy World. But please dont at the Darkness. If thats what this post is about.
    Thanks,
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

5. Default  
    Larry,

We have a LARGE parking lot on our property, like you we are the sole tenants of the location.

What we are doing this year is setting up our ticket station at the entrance of our parking lot, so as cars come in we are having them stop, pay for admission per person, and we are wording it as PARKING INCLUDED, even tho we aren't necessarilly charging for parking. But since we are having roaming characters in the parking lot, we want to A) prevent scaring away people before they pay, and B) make sure EVERYONE who comes onto our property not only pays but understands that there are ZERO refunds once they pull in. Hopefully this will help protect our ticket sales......because we had a major problem of our roaming actors having a bit too much fun with people in the parking lot, which gave great reviews but cost us a TON of sales....maybe installing a similar system you won't need to charge for parking Larry....

(Ps, sorry if that sounded a bit all over, I'm in a public health lecture and the professor is an attention nazi so I wasntreally 100% while writing this lol.....)

6. Default  
    I would never charge for parking, I think it puts a bad taste in your patrons mouth.

7. Default Parking 
    Scary you are right on!
    How many people go to the movies and have to pay for parking. I think you bettter have a great parking area and a huge following to charge for parking.. Also if you charge you also assume all the liability for their vehicles.

8. Default  
    Slain,

Where? Not in CT! Every freaking parking garage in the city makes it very clear that no vehicle damage, theft of vehicle, or theft of property from vehicle is their liability, and that the owner of the vehicle assumes all risk in parking there, no matter HOW much they charge, if some idiot hits your car on the way out, or steals your GPS out of it, the garage/lot is NOT responsible.

9. Default  
    The haunts in my area do not charge for parking. If they did, I would be less likely to frequent them.

10. Default  
    I think the big big big difference is this ... when you have a screampark type of attraction and the parking is in a field you have to hire an ARMY of parking lot people to manage the lot otherwise people park everywhere and its chaos. If you are in some closed down walmart with paved parking no problem.

So more or less I'm asking who might be in the same boat where you have hire an army of parking people... do you charge and how much.

Larry

Thread Information