HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Parking Lot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    Yes they definitely charged for parking. It was around the middle of October when we went.

http://www.spookywoods.com/spookywoods-tickets.htm

DA
    Last edited by Darkangel; 04-10-2013 at 08:34 AM.

2. Default  
    Another haunted house near me moved to a new location with no parking. They had to use a lot down the street and charged $5 per car. I know that when they started that, customers were pissed. We would hear it every night from them. It got so bad for her that she started discounting the $5 parking fee off the price of her ticket to keep people happy.

I always hate when I go to any event and have to pay extra to park. So, do all of you! I would not do it unless the cost of the parking lot attendants are breaking the bank. Especially an established haunt that never charged before all of a sudden, out of the blue, starts charging to park. I think the customers will just think that this is another attempt to rape them out of their hard earned money!

Just my 2 cents!
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

3. Default  
    We started charging for parking 20 years ago ...
    Back then it was one dollar
    now we charge three dollars
    We have 40 acres of parking and many side show attractions like bands, flesh pulls, fire acts, bad trip in 3d, tailgating, etc etc ..many will camp
    soo besides the haunt we regularly have people that come to be part of all the excitement ...
    u can't beat the deal and I have never heard of a complaint..

generally will have cars lined up for a half mile or so waiting for the gates to open at 6 pm...
    three hours before the show begins...

if not for the parking crew it would be total chaos..
    and adds to the total revenue
    in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
    www.DEADACRES.COM

4. Default Bring in the local gang! 
    We are inside a large campground, with a large field for parking. Last year, the local fire department was supposed to provide parking attendants, and provide a food concession where they kept 100% of the proceeds (donations for the parking and whatever they got from food). They didnt show up. I had to provide my own parking attendants, which worked out fine. This year I am going to bring in a local organization (biker club) that does a lot of community stuff and pay them a donation to park cars, and let them sell food. Helps them out, helps me out with logistics, and because they show up in their gear, adds to the ambiance of the haunt!
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Thread Information