HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Pop guns and wind effects

1. Default Pop guns and wind effects 
    Sorry to lump two topics into one. Due to recent gun tragedies, I am leary to have even a fake gun in my HH, but I want my guide to take out a zombie before it eats my TOTs, ala the Walking Dead. I will definitey have the orange tip to make sure people know it's fake, and I will post it on our web page, but long story short, I am looking for a cap gun that makes a loud enough pop to seem real-ish.

Topic 2: Doing a twisted version of Wizard of Oz. I want to add a wind element to go with the tornado theme, but I don't want it to be super loud, and hoping to have a strong current.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Default  
    Check out B-Air fans, they sell inflatable fans and those are probably the best wind/sound ratio you'll get.

I'm not touching the gun subject with a fifty foot pole. Lol

3. Default  
    You know, they also use knives and a crossbow on The Walking Dead. Just saying.

4. Default Pop Gun - 
    Two years ago we had a scene for our Swamp where one of the "Inbreds" came bursting from behind a curtain yelling about getting off his property - he would then fire his "Gun", we used one of the Pow Sticks from Frightprops and it worked great for a scare...it's loud and makes a nice flash.

I think if your worried about your guests thinking you have a real gun, maybe post at the beginning that your using "Simulated Gun Fire" or something to that effect.

5. Default  
    Dont do it, even you think its a bad idea. And you are castrating your actor by having the orange tip on it. Find another way.

6. Default  
    Thanks, Guys. Yeah, maybe it's not the best idea.

7. Default  

8. Default  
    If a TEXAN says no to the gun, you need look no further! Hahaha.

I like the crossbow idea tho in all seriousness, what if you took a real (cheap) crossbow and cut the strings, then put a fake arrow (do I need to say nothing sharp or pointy?) on it and hot glue strings to the back of the arrow tightly to simulate the look of a loaded crossbow, and just run an air line under the crossbow and have it blow air at your guests! That'd be cool and a more PC effect, I'm sure you'd get some good reactions!

9. Default Crossbow 
    Then to add even more of an effect have your Zombie holding the crossbow bolt - use just half the bolt....When the zombie is hit he can quickly raise it to his forehead, if done correctly it would make it look like he was shot in the head and is grasping the bolt.

Thread Information