HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: work on the haunt today here some image

Hybrid View

1. Default work on the haunt today here some image 

2. Default  

3. Default  

4. Default  

5. Default  

6. Default  
    Are these pics of before or after shots?

If after I fear most of your sets might not last until the fall and good winds will wreak havoc.

Jake

7. Default  
    You're better to invest in items over tacky masks!!! Period! I would take a room full of junk from a flea market lighted by a few cheapo LED's and a decent actor over tacky masks and half-assed props any day. I don't own a haunt, I simply help others. But when I do my own yard display, my own welded animatronics and detailed props are displayed and properly showcased.

I'm sorry to be a " stick in the mud " but I'd rather you shove out one amazingly detailed prop as opposed to 30 cheesy ones.

Just my personal opinion. Take your time, be patient, and do it right the first time.

If budget is low, get great volunteer actors, skip cheesy props, and setup your scenes to divert attention so that your actors can really deliver! Allen has great acting DVD's that ANYONE can afford.
    Last edited by NightmareAftershockLLC; 04-23-2013 at 02:58 PM.

8. Default  
    I don't want to beat a dead horse here but this isn't about Mud its in response to some of the comments saying the big budget vs no budget haunts and who has better actors.

I have been to many low budget haunts, and many big budget ones. The best actors I find are not in low budget haunts that is a fact. Most low budget haunts do not have money to pay actors so they usually rely on family members and friends or use whoever they can get to volunteer from the charity or cause. Sure, some are good by nature and can surprise you some are energetic and perfect! But the VAST majority of actors at these types of haunts are kids, sometimes as young as under 10. Not being able to afford professional costumes and a silicone mask is ok, but you see that no thought or creativity goes into to many costumes at these haunts. No big budget haunt would allow for white sneakers, skin showing, and brand name logos on the clothing. Sure it does happen but not very often.

Also for those alluding to low budget haunts being scary and actors better did you ever consider the notion that the actors are necessarily better but you just notice the actors more because they are right out in the open with no detailed sets to distract you? They are built for low throughput so they can spend more time talking to you (which by the way gets annoying) where big haunts need to do quick hit scares because they have to move through more people. Many big haunts have experienced actors where if you took them out and inserted them in a low budget haunt they'd kill it much more effectively.

I'm just saying its not that the actors are better at a low budget haunt per se it's just you pay more attention to them.

DA

9. Default  
    Good Job Everyone. You scared the poor guy away. He was proud of his start.....He has not posted since........

Stew

10. Default  
    I have to agree with Allen on this one, sorta:
    If you're going to do that particular motif mud, then do it well. Layer the scenes to make it seem much "deeper" of a feeling than it actually is.... I understand this is a work in progress, but I think some people (including myself) want to see more than a "broad daylight" photo.

A night or dusk shot would help to reduce the feeling of cheesy and increase the feeling of vagueness...

Just a thought.

Thread Information