HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: work on the haunt today here some image

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Greg follow the whole thread there was a lot of advice and constructive criticism. It's not a negative thread at all.

DA

2. Default  
    Behind the scenes, as a rogue consultant, what is really happening in this industry is even people with successful businesses and suppliers are additionally getting back into smaller and more mobile lower number of people activities. Exactly like the new guys with a one night party. This is what they missed and when they actually saw a benefit. Something more controllable and more enjoyable that didn't take a staff of 50 people in payroll to pull off. Didn't take 5 years of training makers and builders to sustain. Things people would think are cool as a corporate event or back yard party at a McMansion. The number of conversations I have been in over the last year for events and vendors has been astounding.

The come out of the box like you have been doing it for 20 years thing doesn't seem to work at year 5 or year 10 for a lot of proprietors in the real world. Whether researching anything everyone is offering, taking advantage of what ever education either paid for or free. You have to do something.

Meanwhile, some of the top 25 haunts only really have 5 cool scenes and that is all the photos you have seen so you don't know they spent money to advertise on the list or what kind of delapidated location they are in or how small they really are or that there is absolutely no parking. You don't know what is happening 1200 miles away. Your mind has filled in some dream world.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

3. Default  
    You can really put $200,000 into your local community and help thousands of people figure out what they enjoy in life or you can form a complicated LLC and file bankrupsty being in debt $200,000 because some industry told you what to should do.

Insert Anarchist slogan here.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

4. Default  
    Greg you seem to have an axe to grind with the top 25. You mad bro? Lol
    This thread isn't about them it's about Mudsticky and the quality of pics he posted.

Jake

5. Default Haunt snobs here! 
    Do we listen to what is being said? This is a joke. Every one has thier own tastes, some like cheesey, some like very detailed. If you look out there it is amazing how much FUN you can have at a $6 haunt. Do you expect the same as a $20 haunt, no. I help with a small non profit haunt. Our props suck, we have alot of bad actors, but we still do a good buisness(5-6000/year) We do have a lot of repete customers, we found our nitch. Some are disappointed, but as a whole they enjoy it. We have some good actors that preform well, yes I have witnessed wet pants on customers.
    I think we should encourage, not discourage. BIGGER DOES NOT MEAN BETTER It sounds as though the big haunt guys here are saying how bad this is and it should be shut down, why, are you worried that people will find this as scary as your mega priced haunt. There is room for all kinds of haunts, kind of the same with any buisness.

As for the old school statement, I would be proud to classified old school. I still remeber back to the old Jaycee haunts, heavy on the cheese, but some of the best most fun I had. I look at it this way, most of our customers seem to have fun, and that is where it is at.

Just my opinion

6. Default  
    Jake, I can get you into the top 7 but you have to pretend you never heard my name before.

7. Default  
    You should take the snake out of the cage and put it on a string off a branch. Have the cage broke open like something escaped.

8. Default  
    I have to agree with Allen on this one, sorta:
    If you're going to do that particular motif mud, then do it well. Layer the scenes to make it seem much "deeper" of a feeling than it actually is.... I understand this is a work in progress, but I think some people (including myself) want to see more than a "broad daylight" photo.

A night or dusk shot would help to reduce the feeling of cheesy and increase the feeling of vagueness...

Just a thought.

9. Default  
    I agree with scary bill, it is possible to have fun at a $6 haunt. I run a school haunt twice a year on a zero to $50 budget that is mostly actor drivin. The younger crowd is a severely untapped market. We bring in quite a chunk of change for my department. It's fun for the kids and families and it doesn't take much to get them scared, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by scary bill View Post
    Do we listen to what is being said? This is a joke. Every one has thier own tastes, some like cheesey, some like very detailed. If you look out there it is amazing how much FUN you can have at a $6 haunt. Do you expect the same as a $20 haunt, no. I help with a small non profit haunt. Our props suck, we have alot of bad actors, but we still do a good buisness(5-6000/year) We do have a lot of repete customers, we found our nitch. Some are disappointed, but as a whole they enjoy it. We have some good actors that preform well, yes I have witnessed wet pants on customers.
    I think we should encourage, not discourage. BIGGER DOES NOT MEAN BETTER It sounds as though the big haunt guys here are saying how bad this is and it should be shut down, why, are you worried that people will find this as scary as your mega priced haunt. There is room for all kinds of haunts, kind of the same with any buisness.

As for the old school statement, I would be proud to classified old school. I still remeber back to the old Jaycee haunts, heavy on the cheese, but some of the best most fun I had. I look at it this way, most of our customers seem to have fun, and that is where it is at.

Just my opinion
    Dr. Saw @ Terrorplex

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marr Branch View Post
    Who know's maybe it is bad ass in the dark..
    That's was my point too... Tough to really judge how things will look until you see it complete, and in show lighting.

I also think it takes guts to post pictures on this forum that don't look like The Darkness. Between this forum, the magazine, and the Travel Channel, we see A LOT of coverage of the 10-20 haunts with the highest operating budgets in the country. We see them over, and over, and over. I've only been to one of them in-person, yet I can name every one by heart. And they ARE truly awesome and awe inspiring... But they only represent the top end of the industry. Every town's summer carnival can't be Disney. Every band can't be the Beatles. Every haunt can't be Headless Horseman. Nor should they.

I've been skulking around these forums for years, but I've never dared to post a single photo of anything I've created, because I know it will be held up for comparison against the ultra-budget mega props that populate the richest haunts (that are constantly celebrated here). I say kudos to Mud for keeping it real, and posting pics of his real haunt!

Thread Information