HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Flash Intro Needed -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Default Flash Intro Needed - 
    Just wondering if anyone knows a good place to get a flash intro for a website done - That's all we are looking for is a nice intro page for our website, we already have the site, hosting, etc. - Just want to spice up the start page for it all.

Thanks!!

2. Default  
    I was looking into adobe Edge Animate instead.... so ipad users can see it. Wonder if anyone is using it in this community yet?

3. Default Flash Animation 
    I used to make Flash movies and was upset about the Ipad not allowing flash movies, games, or applications. These days, you can view Flash but you either need to jailbreak, or do some extra questionable steps to get it to work. The ipad I have used shows it just fine, but still might not work for everyone, not worth the effort.

If your still interested in doing flash, maybe you would like to have the animation made in After Effects first. This would give you almost limitless special movie effects and then can be saved as a Flash file. Your animator should know how to add the fast load (I forget the actual name) that now comes standard with the program.

Google custom made After Effects animation.
    If that won't work:
    Google custom made Flash animation.
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

4. Default Thanks - 
    I will look into those programs but was more looking for someone else that makes them - I have so many projects going on that I never get around to doing what needs to be done on the website - so learning yet another program might not happen quick enough

5. Default  
    Just my 2 cents, but I thought flash intros were on their way out??? Seems old fashioned to me.

If you're going to invest in making any intro I would simply make a video and upload it directly to YouTube. That way you know your customers will be able to view it regardless if they are on their desktop or phone.

6. Default Good idea - 
    We have actually tossed around the idea of doing a video "commercial" this year...so that actually may be a cheaper way to go, then just design a nice creepy graphic to go around the video window.

7. Default  
    I feel like that would be money well spent. With so many people on their iPhones these days, it seems silly to invest in something that a many people won't even be aware of. Again, just my 2 cents.

Let us know what you decide to do!

8. Default  
    Flash is done. Too much work for little results. Invest in a good mobile site and a clean layout with a tiny flash or HTML navigation bar. Too busy of a design will lose your customers.

Http://www.hundredacresmanor.com is one my my favorite at this point. SO clean and concise!

9. Default  
    Of course, this is all only my opinion. I'm always wrong anyways

10. Default  
    Actually I really like the site you posted - haven't really seen too many sites set up like that....and your right the clean layout looks just as impressive

Thread Information