HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Help a fellow haunter if you can!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Default Help a fellow haunter if you can! 
    Last edited by Howie Slobber Erlich; 06-22-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

2. Default  
    I just sent you $25,000 could you send me $30,000 ?

3. Default  
    For me, I don't just donate money. Trust me, if I knew you, or more than just vague details of "surgeries" then I may consider helping out.

In today's era of panhandling hobos that make more money per year than I do, I find it hard to help out those whom I do not know.

I am sure many here are in the same boat, please don't take it personally.

My sympathy is with you and your family. We fall so that we may get back up.

Keegan

4. Default  
    I'll be more than happy to mention this on our next show's news. Having had pain issues myself, I can certainly sympathize. Best of luck...

5. Default  
    Howie,
    It would help you immensely if you would post what the money was going for. Give us a goal that is not a dollar figure. Is it to get your son in some activities? (you kinda mentioned that). You see no end in site I understand that, but no one wants to throw money into a pit. give us a goal and a purpose and Im sure more will give.
    I will also say a prayer for you and your family in this dark time.
    Allen H

6. Default  
    Howie,

Have you considered asking for help from your church? Many churches offer assistance to its parishioners in tough times like these. They could put you in contact with those that can help or even take up a collection. Give that a try.

Good luck

Allan

7. Default  
    Church's are set up to help people in need. There is no shame is asking for help from them.

Allan

8. Default  
    I have to agree with Shane on this one, sorry dude. A quick update is one thing, but a "Days of our Lives" story gets old. I'm struggling as much as the next guy, but there's only so much we can give.

9. Smile  
    Excellent post Shane. This is really not the place people come here for information and networking not to see posts like this and then be made out to feel that if we don't help, there's something wrong with us and we're not caring and considerate people. Facebook is the place for this not a haunted forum sure we all have an interest in Halloween and haunted houses but we're not really any more a family than anyone else in any other respective industry or business. Family gets tossed around too much these days anyway my family is those related to me, my kids and wife and our relatives not people who share an interest with me. Friends and acquaintances and co-workers are just that. Also, you often say fellow haunted didn't you retire from haunting and you're closed for business? I guess it doesn't matter.

I wish you luck I really do, but I think people would rather not see your posts here and it might make some feel uncomfortable.

Jake

10. Default  
    I have no real place telling anyone anything. Just maybe my two cents if anyone would like to hear them. I couldn't finish reading all the posts on this thread because it all just sounded pretty average in terms of people experiencing rough times. Having that said one of the posts I read that bothered me in particular was one where you said that you were BEGGING for the remaining $357 to pay some bill. Shanes right in some perspectives and one particular is the fact that you still have internet. If you are really that tight on cash, cancel your internet, sell your computers, sell your cellphones and cancel those plans, sell your jewelry, then get a job. Sell your house and move into an apartment. There are plenty of people that down grade their lives because of rough times. Myself and my wife include. School is freaking expensive. I have 115,000 in loans. My wife adds another $50,000 in loans ontop of that. We have a dwindiling savings that we are living off of and my parents took us in for the next year. We help out as much as we can and thats it. I don't go begging. Plus I find it incredibly rude to ask these people for money, because I'm not giving you any obviously I'm poor too, and then go on other posts and comment on people's threads as if nothing is going on in your life. Get off your effing computer and spend time with your family. Go to work, get your wife a job, get your son a job fix your life problems and stop thinking about playtime. Because halloween is playtime. For that majority of people here, NOT including myself, its serious business. But for everyone else, you and me included, its play time.

Good luck
    Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Thread Information