HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Prop mechanism help

Hybrid View

1. Default Prop mechanism help 
    Hey guys, so I saw this mildly cheesy commercial prop available

And I immediately thought, OMG how cool would it be to get this and swap out the black legs for some lightweight vines?! I could hide these above the wall panels (maybe through camo netting) and have vines start to move in the haunt/queue line. I contacted Morris about buying just the mechanism (no sound or speaker) but they said unfortunately they couldn't get just the mechanism.

Does anyone know what this mechanism is called? If there are similar ones out there that can be bought to make the vines?

Thanks for the help!

2. Default Mechanism 
    To me it looks like an FCG with a spider. FCG is a flying crank ghost. It is an animated marionette of sorts.
    Just a gear motor setup. As for the vines, I think Allen H. has a tutorial on vines on his Stiltbeast Studios you tube channel.
    Haunters have been making FCG props for years. This should not be too hard to accomplish and not too expensive either.
    Let me know if you need more info.

Dean G.

3. Default  
    Look up spider wiper on youtube. It can easily be applied to maing vines move.

4. Default  
    thanks for the crank ghost idea! that should work, and will do allen, thanks! I'll try out both.

Thread Information