HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: The Madness (is Coming!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonguesandwich View Post
    I was going to say the same thing..pretty cool but, and I hope youre not offended because I believe that may be you, but the character is not very intimidating... anyway to go in and buff him up a bit.
    Not offended at all, mate. Not by your comment nor Larry's. I might be disappointed tho, 'cause I thought I could sell the illusion better, but that's about it.
    I was exactly looking for that, as a matter of a fact... Often an artist can't see the mistakes he makes by himself so I like constructive criticism to improve my technique and do it better the next time.

Now, regarding the intimidating factor... I don't think I can't do much more for it now. I mean, it's out so it'll have to stay that way.

I did buff it up, here's how it looks like without all the digital enhancements:

InsaneGhoul01.jpg

Altho, I must confess that beyond the footage restoration they (the enhancements) really weren't that extensive. All I did was to change the eyes making the sclera dark and the pupils blue and some tonal corrections to make it look a bit more ominous.
    I did want to make it intimidating to certain point and based my interpretation a little bit on the ghosts from The Devil's Backbone. I think the fail isn't so much the effects but my performance.

Now, for those into makeup, it's the first time I apply a bald cap and one of the few times I actually have the chance to practice LOL so don't criticize just yet (wait til I get some more practice LMAO!), I know it sucks. I made the bald cap from scratch with latex and a styrofoam bust.
    Last edited by redcrowdesign; 05-08-2013 at 05:53 PM.

2. Default  
    Wonderful work...

I have both ipad and iphone and can't stand the limitations... people still use computers ( believe it or not? ) I think of all of the websites today In this industry and most are cookie cutter sites with the only difference being the headers. I think its a great piece if work... and would make a great website.

Id say the animation is still light years ahead of 90% of the sites out there.
    Armando, that's talent brother!!!

More and more people want everything fast / now but allot if us appreciate the detail...

You've wowed me once again Sir! !

( and for the record... I had to go back to a PC to edit this post because my "smartphone" smart..lol, gave me issues... )

And it's "screw you smartphone again ! "
    Last edited by maliciousstudios; 05-14-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by maliciousstudios View Post
    Wonderful work...

I have both ipad and iphone and can't stand the limitations... people still use computers ( believe it or not? ) I think of all of the websites today In this industry and most are cookie cutter sites with the only difference being the headers. I think its a great piece if work... and would make a great website.

Id say the animation is still light years ahead of 90% of the sites out there.
    Armando, that's talent brother!!!

More and more people want everything fast / now but allot if us appreciate the detail...

You've wowed me once again Sir! !

( and for the record... I had to go back to a PC to edit this post because my "smartphone" smart..lol, gave me issues... )

And it's "screw you smartphone again ! "
    Thanks mate, I appreciate the kind words. I honestly can't stand iPads or Smartphones. My wife has one and my mother the other. It goes beyond the limitations that each one possesses, instead of the technology adapting to the existing media, the media adapted to the existing technology and that, in my sincere opinion is causing a de-evolution of the media. And beyond that we are seeing a de-evolution of language as well.
    In resume, you don't cut the legs of the cadaver to fit it into the casket, you make the casket bigger for the cadaver.
    Last edited by redcrowdesign; 05-15-2013 at 12:45 AM.

4. Default Awesome! 
    I really liked the beginning. Actually your makeup work and your skull cap to be homemade isn't all that bad! I've seen worse. I love the idea of entering the haunt and how it builds up! Very cool and innovative! You do great work and make wonderful sites! I hope to hire you to do one for me hopefully soon! Thanks for sharing!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by damon carson View Post
    I really liked the beginning. Actually your makeup work and your skull cap to be homemade isn't all that bad! I've seen worse. I love the idea of entering the haunt and how it builds up! Very cool and innovative! You do great work and make wonderful sites! I hope to hire you to do one for me hopefully soon! Thanks for sharing!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Thank you, Damon. I'm glad you liked it and thanks for thinking in ReDCroW design when thinking about web design. Just to put the idea out there, Damon. Right now we have discounts in TV/YouTube commercials and visual FX, in case you are interested too.

Thread Information