HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Any word from National Haunters Convention?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by austind View Post
    Greg you know that Allen guy that was a hauntcon really doesn't know any thing about the haunt industry he has been faking it for over 20+ years. I wish I could have gone to national but I could only do 4 shows this year. May be Lenard should have Dark speak next year, he seems to think he know every thing about the haunt industry. The show are all different to me and you go to them for different reasons I had a great time with my friends in Texas and I hate Texas. The haunts there know how to roll out the red carpet for the people coming. Next year I will make national.
    Phatman, I'm sorry I don't recall ever saying I know everything about the haunt industry. Allen is great but as good as he is I think Ricky Dick and John Denley have a little more experience than Allen and the others there. I apologize for grouping all Hauntcon speakers in one.

DA

2. Default  
    Dark I think it's just easy to be critical when you were not there. And I have had a class with every person at national and they are good but that does not mean that the guys at hauntcon were bad I think the were outstanding too.
    Phatman

3. Default  
    There are lots of people that have been around just as long or slightly longer and been hard core. I respect the John Denley and Ricky Dick experience. There are just hundreds across the country that suck at self promotion and don't wander around making sure you know their actual experience or fathom the long history of how the whole country kind of has worked together. There are about 80 of us in Texas that have just decided to let Allen Hopps do what ever he wants. I think he is doing a wonderful job in an industry or region that is so difficult to make a buck in.

Instead of being a hater, you should live vicariously through the power of the Hopps.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

4. Default  
    Amen Greg well stated
    Phatman

5. Default  
    Who are the energetic young shining stars trying to make it in the real world in your region?

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

6. Default  
    Don't just quote a bunch of names old enough that dust comes out when they fart. Maybe this is why things are declining in some areas. It takes younger people (with positive attitudes) to keep the industry bringing in the new generations, the new ideas, the skills the old dudes have just decided not to pick up. I'm as old as John Denley and Ricky Dick so I can say that.

7. Default  
    I think the thing that people get confused that age means experience, but some of the young talent has the advantage of not knowing any better and trying things that us old farts may not see. I listen to the wise one and keep an eye one the innovative ones. I am not the smartest guy out here but I am smart enough that when I go to conventions I go to a lot of classes to learn from people and steal their ideas. I own one of the largest instructional haunted house DVD sets around, I can not get enough input. I go to over 40 haunts (50 this year) a year to learn from other haunts around the country. I have heard good thing about NHC but I was not there and it seem to be more of a regional show from what I have heard. One last note Greg you Texas Guys can stay the hell down there you know how to haunt, stay out of Michigan you are not welcome unless you are just visiting. LOL
    Phatman

8. Default  
    Geez!!! Everyone just have a bad day or are y'all always this pissy? I guess opinions are not welcome here.

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trepidation acres View Post
    Geez!!! Everyone just have a bad day or are y'all always this pissy? I guess opinions are not welcome here.
    Welcome to the modern fright forum, where having an independent thought is frowned upon. But you can get acceptance if you idolize the handful that thrive on attention.

DA

10. Default  
    Sorry you are right, Dark always wants to talk about things that he has never been to (in recent history) or done. And some people call him out about it. I would like to hear about NHC from some body who went. Drew gave a good vendor point of view but I would like to hear about the haunts and show too. I don't even care if its a home haunter, if pro haunters used the money they have as efficiently as some home haunters we would all be Neatherworld. Looked for some video but have not seen much. I am considering going next year so I guess my biggest question is would you go to NHC again, why or why not.
    Phatman

Thread Information