HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: The sugar dady silicone mask

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Do you find people are willing to pay $600 to buy a mask to prank their friends with? Hell I'd just buy some fake poo for $3 to do that. I think there are already too many old man masks and too many human paint masks out there there is no versatility in them and the best purpose for human looking masks is robbing banks because it seems like you see more human and old man masks robbing banks then in a haunt. Everyone is just copying the spfx old man at this point anyway he had the first old man silicone.

I want to see more monsters painted more colors. You tried to do a green monster mask but it still looks more skin tone than green.

Your sculpts are beautiful but I think around here we're less impressed with realism and more interested in monsters and scary things. I can't speak for everyone but I think if you've seen one old man you've seen them all.

Good luck!

DA

2. Default  
    to answer your question well yes they do purchase realistic masks as its around 60 to 70 % of our bussiness as they sell year long unlike monsters mask that is more around halloween. i understand your point but the old papy even if made a long time ago is still our best seller by far and without him we would have never been able to continue making masks at this level so why would we not give a big % of our Customer what they want ?we try and please everyone. i understand that its mabe not the place here to post realistic human masks and ill think twice next time.As for the green Monster it just cant be more green then that or it will be impossible to paint détails on it unless using dark black paint ? so ill have to dissagree on you on the fact that it looks like human skin ? heres another pic as i dont understand why you say we painted it still too flesh like ?

Last edited by ianfxmen; 05-29-2013 at 08:45 AM.

3. Default  
    Is the fact of all your masks having wide, flat noses a stylistic choice, or the limitations of having the silicone a certain minimum thickness?

4. Default  
    Great stuff- keep going!

But for pete's sake- put your website url in your signature line!

I can't tell you how many times I wanted to click that link after seeing your posts but didn't because it wasn't there!
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

5. Default  
    we also imbed a plastic piece between the eyes in the silicone to prevent that area to get flat when worn? but yes we are also off course limited to thickness since we sculpt those masks over an armature. heres some pic showing our masks thats we think doesnt have a flat unrealistic nose cause of the plastic pic we use thaty prevents that from happening and keeps the original masks shape in that area even when worn just like if it was on the armature.

Quote Originally Posted by Infoamtek View Post
    Is the fact of all your masks having wide, flat noses a stylistic choice, or the limitations of having the silicone a certain minimum thickness?

6. Default  
    All your examples are still pretty wide and flattish. I was wondering if you can make a nose more in the line of Basil Rathbone, or is your armature's nose too big and wide for this.
    rathbone71.jpg

7. Default  
    well we could do that big nose you showed me but we dont want to as the nose would be crazy thick making the mask unconfortable.we try and keep a certain thickness wich is really not that much in that area for maximum confort and also movement at the browse and for me that big nose looks more bizare then our flat nose but its all a matter of taste or opinion i guess In one word if you compare our masks the the bigger then normal nose on your piuc well i agree our nose are damned flat
    Last edited by ianfxmen; 05-29-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Thread Information