HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: I want to hear some reviews of Halloween Extreme.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    Shane,

I can tell you this for sure... it will never move to Orlando. The venders would throw a fit and for good reason. The vendors and the show organizer would want the focus of the show to be on the show not Disneyworld, not Universal, not the beach, not the nightlife they have there, blah, blah...

As I said at IAAPA people go to that show for one day them BAM out the door never to be seen again. Vendors in this industry want your attention on the show, during the show, at the show until the end of the show... won't happen in Orlando. Everything about Orlando is better than St Louis, Houston, Nashville, to Little Rock Arkansas and every single thing between. If you want a vacation slash tradeshow you go to Orlando, if you want a tradeshow where everything that leads up the show is the tradeshow to your entire time at the show is the tradeshow you don't go to LA, Vegas, and especially Orlando.

Getting back to Atlanta for a sec... when IAAPA was there that was actually one of the positives. There was nothing to do there so people stayed at the show but the downside was the attendance went rock bottom... people hated it so much they didn't want to come back. I remember in Atlanta having to stay 10 miles away from the convention center... hard to get around in that city.

Larry

2. Default Larry 
    I don't think it will ever go to Orlando either. The reason I mentioned Orlando was the fact we got nice rooms for a lot cheaper than in St. Louis I actually don't think it's ever going to leave St. Louis but its cool to see others thoughts and opinions and explore options. I will say this if another major trade show promoter was to get involved and compete things may get different as a vendor I can see you like it being close to you as well as others that's close to St. Louis I get that part totally. For me myself I would never want it in my front door that would be no fun or excitement for me I want to go somewhere. LOL I think it's safe to say St. Louis it is and there is no need for anyone to get offended or preach as to "why" but again it's fun to explore other possibilities and cities you know. Shane and it's I still say wherever it is people will still go no matter what.

3. Default  
    I talked to a vendor today who went to this show and they told me it wasn't good ... not many buyers and not many buyers for haunted house equipment. I think most of the people came over from the horror show ... these horror fan shows are everywhere now.

Shane I'm right there with ya... in fact while we are exploring cities lets throw something in the mix like Bahamas or Hawaii or something like that. LOL And again I'm all for the show moving to a different city lets just make sure it works for our industries benefit, problems, issues, etc, etc.

Larry

4. Default Larry 
    LOL lets move it to the Rain Forest or the African Plains now that would be exciting! LOL Shane and it's watch out for the running of the water buffalo's!

5. Default  
    In all honesty getting to St. Louis from the west coast is a pain in the @#$. Chicago was always a lot easier on travel logistics and pocketbook in general. By the way somewhere in Texas wouldn't be bad and they have more haunts than anywhere else. Just sayin'.

6. Default  
    I'm from the west coast also, So I vote for Austin Texas!

Larry
    www.abracadaver.com

7. Default Extreme Review 
    I decided at the last minute to bring my wife and 6 year old girl and make it a long weekend trip and hit Disney for one day, since my daughter has never been. The floor was like a mini scale model of TransWorld....much smaller than expected. And when vendors like GhostRide are there without one full length body on display....I figured out pretty quickly this was not going to live up to the hype. The hotel was very nice, and we checked in and were told that everyone in the convention is booked on the same floors. WOW!! Big mistake. Now I understand it was my decision to bring my 6 year old, but come on. Was it the constant screaming and mother f*ckers from everyone coming off the elevator until 3 am that I'm pissed off about, or was it the slamming on the walls at 4 am from the room next to us that sounded like they were trying to collapse the wall? Either way we had to switch rooms for the next two nights. Hey I'm all about the party, but come on...have some respect

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by robert View Post
    In all honesty getting to St. Louis from the west coast is a pain in the @#$. Chicago was always a lot easier on travel logistics and pocketbook in general. By the way somewhere in Texas wouldn't be bad and they have more haunts than anywhere else. Just sayin'.

Isn't it about the same travel time from the west coast to St Louis and Chicago? It's about 2 hours to either city from the east coast.

Allan

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDKing View Post
    Isn't it about the same travel time from the west coast to St Louis and Chicago? It's about 2 hours to either city from the east coast.

Allan
    The prices and lack of connections (or direct flights) to St. Louis make scheduling and travel tougher.

Thread Information