HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: pneumatic props - maintenance % poll

1. Default pneumatic props - maintenance % poll 
    I hear alot of professional haunts preferring actors over pneumatic props for one reason - that they are high maintenance, I'm curious as to what % of the following categories make up the highest maintenance:

1) pneumatic parts (cylinders, hoses, fittings..etc)
    2) Armiture or mechanical structures
    3) Prop attachment parts to structures
    4) Prop upkeep, touchup..due to wear and tear from thousands of activations.

2. Default More than one reason 
    Pneumatic props have their place but nothing replaces an actor. If you do not have actors you do not have a haunt. Pneumatic props have their place though.
    Some are great eye candy, some can get startle scares, and most are great diversions for the actors to get their scares. We have not had many issues with the props breaking.
    Maybe we are lucky- I'm not sure. We did have a solenoid fail on one and a mechanical failure (bolt) on the armature of another. Nothing too major.
    I think they are great to have and I also think a lot of guests expect to see them at a haunted attraction. I am sure others will weigh in as well.

3. Default  
    For the most part (in my experience) it is a failure of welds, parts, and brackets. Rarely will you find a Bimba cylinder or STC valve fail....

4. Default usually 
    pivot points experience the most failure...sometimes welds break if driven too hard, or animation is poorly designed... pneumatic part failure happens if you don't have a compressed air dryer installed causing moisture to wreak havoc on the seals...

5. Default  
    Welds or low grade steel just rips are big problems but probably the biggest problem of all... drum roll someone!

Steel on Steel pivots with a steel bolt or something no bearings, nothing so steel wears down steal and the animation breaks, falls over, is ruined whatever.

Larry\

6. Default  
    Depends....I have switched bearings so many times on a prop that I went with straight steel to steel with a bolt and 4 years later...still going strong....

stew

Thread Information