HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Haunt/Dark Photography

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default PM 
    Jennifer, did you get my PM?

2. Default  
    I just did, thank you! Please let me know if you received my reply.
    New here, have no idea what I'm doing

3. Default  
    Sorry Jennifer about the criticism. I think your work is great, and that is coming from someone that has been doing this for 13 years. I also have a degree in art and I use to work as a photographer when I was younger. Your photos aren't the general haunted house photos with lots of pretty lights and staged actors. Those kind of photos have their place, but so does yours. Your pictures have a darker more visceral appeal which is cool and unique.
    This message forum has become rather critical of late. Lots of folk want to be critics and pass their opinions whether you asked for it or not.

Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

4. Default  
    It isn't so much criticism as it is honesty. If the truth hurts, so be it. I'm not scared to take honesty, nor am I scared to give it.

Sorry that the new America gets so sensitive over simple commentary. I've taken my fair share of licks and still do, and it has made me a better person because of it.

I suppose folks like myself, Shane, DA, etc just are too honest for our own good.

5. Default  
    You are not only honest, but amusing as well.
    It amazes me how many people on the Internet are willing to be "honest" by passing their unwanted and unfounded criticism. If you really felt you had to be honest and you wanted to be helpful you could have sent her a private message giving your opinion. Doing it openly is not honest. It is more akin to being petty.
    Well, allow me to be honest. In the "new America" and the old America your opinion sucks.
    And, for the second time today, I will not be reading this post again. So, please feel free to continue your maverick brand of honesty, and maybe someone who gives a rat's backside will read it.

Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

6. Default  
    Hey man, whatever you say. Honesty is honest, whether its in a PM or open forum.

7. Default  
    Unlike many others, I don't "sugar coat" things to make everyone feel good. Photos like that won't win awards, won't be on billboards, and won't be on professional haunted house websites.

If she's doing it for fun, that's fine. But posting to charge people is kind of absurd. Period.

Sorry, guess my honesty slipped out again!

8. Default  
    Keegan,
    I think what you are failing to remember is that it is art. "It isn't so much criticism as it is honesty", Is untrue. It is an opinion on what you like or what you believe the industry likes but it cannot be fact since it is an opinion. Are you honestly expressing your opinion? Sure. Can that make you appear to be an A-hole? Sure. You dont like it, we get it.
    Allen H

9. Default  
    Fair enough.

Thread Information