HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Anyone out there like, Game of Thrones?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Game of Thrones = Elton John Gay

2. Default  
    Marr Branch, didn't you admit in another thread you shouldn't drink and be on the forums!

Anyway, even if you're sober, it's one of the most watched and downloaded series in the world. And their fans are pretty defensive of it, personally, I'm not able to keep up on it with all the work we've been getting, but I have respect for the amazing fx and theatrics put into it. Play nice

3. Default  
    #1 pirated show on the net too.

4. Default  
    It's Lord of the Rings with political intrigue and nudity, but much better. Its got dragons, sword play, and a frozen zombie army......and did I mention the unwholesome nudity? What's not to like?

Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    It's Lord of the Rings with political intrigue and nudity, but much better. Its got dragons, sword play, and a frozen zombie army......and did I mention the unwholesome nudity? What's not to like?
    Lurker are you 14 years old? Really? You sound like a teenage boy getting off on nudity because you're too young to be with a woman.

No one in their right mind would say its better than Lord of the Rings? It's not even in the same universe as Lord of the Rings. There wouldn't even be a GOT without Lord of the rings as he admittedly was inspired by Tolkien to create this story. Plus, the nudity is a cheap ploy to bring in desperate individuals who still find that sort of thing compelling. The nudity and language even the dwarf all make the show feel more like a syfy show than a real masterpiece. If he really was a genius storyteller he would not have to resort to cheap antics bad language and nudity that's the easy way out and trying to be edgy for the sake of cable TV edgy.

Jake

6. Default  
    Jake you are an idiot. No one said it was better than Lord of the Rings. It is just different and equally good in it's own right. And the show is not trying to be edgy for the sake of being edgy. Do you read? Then read the books and you will see the tv show is following the books closer than any tv show or movie has ever stuck to its original source material.
    And yes, I'm 14 at heart, but old enough to know to ignore you from here on out. I will not be checking this thread again, because it has gone away from Bobby's original post.

Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

7. Default  
    I was going eventually go buy all the seasons and sit and do a marathon...since I heard it had good blood but now it has good nudity .. Ill have my wife go get it asap!We need a fix for Spartacus

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Jake you are an idiot. No one said it was better than Lord of the Rings. It is just different and equally good in it's own right. And the show is not trying to be edgy for the sake of being edgy. Do you read? Then read the books and you will see the tv show is following the books closer than any tv show or movie has ever stuck to its original source material.
    And yes, I'm 14 at heart, but old enough to know to ignore you from here on out. I will not be checking this thread again, because it has gone away from Bobby's original post.
    Did I touch a nerve?

You said and I quote "it's lord of the rings but with political intrigue and nudity, but much better"
    Now I'm
    No genius ill admit but to me that's saying it better. Look you have your opinion and maybe you are the type who enjoys gratuitous nudity, but it is a typical HBO show, profanity, nudity, rely cliche stuff.

Jake

9. Default  
    Larry its not cool. It's bad ass. Watch season one and you will be hooked. The books are 10 times better than the show. No matter how hard they try they can only do so much with a tv series with 10 episodes per book. I watched season one and then finished the five books within 7 months.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

10. Default  
    I am sober as a judge. Game of thrones is still Richard Simmons gay.

Thread Information