HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Universal Studios

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Universal Studios 
    Announced they will build a Cabin in the Woods haunted house. What do you think of that? Would be nice to always build haunts based on movies or tv shows. Larry

2. Default  
    There's a lot of material they can use there, and I'd love to see it (I always do HHN in Hollywood) but I thought CitW was done by MGM?

3. Default  
    The article I read said they will build a forest that leads to a cabin... I wonder if they will go as far as the control room filled with monsters. I liked that movie!

Larry

4. Default well 
    Most haunts based on movies are never as good as the movie. And I didn't think the movie was all that great! It was sort of a ripoff of Evil Dead and a modernized version of Halloween 3. So in this case I would say the haunt will be worse than the movie. If that makes sense.
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

5. Default  
    Loved the movie. Love the sets and atmosphere at Universal.. Hate the fact you have to go through them in a solid line of people with no spacing. No scare

6. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    Last year I found that the haunts that had no ties to movies video games, music, were better haunts. DEAD END, GOTHIC and HOUSE OF HORRORS, looked better, they worked better and were from what I could tell getting more screams.
    Last edited by SomeThingInTheIce; 07-03-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

7. Default  
    Universal are the only ones I'd trust to do a haunt from a film. They've got the budget and planning to do it right. Other than HHN, I've never seen a haunt made from a movie that I was impressed with. I love the HHN event as a whole - it's my favorite even to visit, hands down. So whether that particular house is over the top or not doesn't bother me. But based on the movie, I'm really excited to see what they do with it.

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    Universal are the only ones I'd trust to do a haunt from a film. They've got the budget and planning to do it right. Other than HHN, I've never seen a haunt made from a movie that I was impressed with. I love the HHN event as a whole - it's my favorite even to visit, hands down. So whether that particular house is over the top or not doesn't bother me. But based on the movie, I'm really excited to see what they do with it.
    Ever see Fear Fair? Brett and his crew do an amazing job with their movie themed haunts.

9. Default  
    I've always thought doing movie themes is a cop out, kind of the easy way out. It's fine for Universal because they make the movies but haunts should try to be more creative and you could get into licensing trouble.

DA

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangel View Post
    I've always thought doing movie themes is a cop out, kind of the easy way out. It's fine for Universal because they make the movies but haunts should try to be more creative and you could get into licensing trouble.

True. Haunters did to trust their own creativity. You'd be surprised what you can come up with! And any non-theme park version of Freddy, Jason, etc will never live up to the movie version.

Can't wait to see what Universal does with a Cabin in the Woods haunt, though. Amazing movie and so much potential for an attraction!
    Ryan

http://SCREAMFREAK.com
    Virginia's Best Haunted Attractions

Thread Information