HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Who are the BEST Tourist Town Haunted Houses

Hybrid View

1. Default Who are the BEST Tourist Town Haunted Houses 
    With the talk of Ghostly Manor I'd like to know who you think have the best tourist town haunts...

Open most of the year or all year around. Name your best of list...

Larry

2. Default "Tourist" Haunted House-but not a tourist town. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Little Mount Carroll ,1,700 population, sees some tourists but is not a renowned tourist destination of any size.
    My Ravens Grin is open every night and weekend afternoons and in the Summer many are tourists, tourists coming to this town just to see my house.
    The architecture and lay out of the town is beautiful and interesting and 1850-90,s style,hilly, very green many trees and cliffs unlike the rest of this state of Illinois.
    Possibly the reasons I have been successful in 26 years is also because I am very flexible in the shows that I put on here. We always strive to match the program to the patron.
    We do :Little Kid's shows-simply silly shows-young adult,mature- college age and even seniors too.
    A month ago a very incredible young man came here to interveiw us to write an article for a Magician's organization , exploring how anything we do here could directly apply to a Magician,s show? He was very impressed with what he saw and experienced here and said his visit with us much more than fulfilled his expectations for the article!

3. Default  
    I visited Ghostly Manor this evening, and I must say I was impressed. For a year-round haunt and only one actress running it (thanks Logan) I was entertained throughout. Obviously huge scares and massive scenes aren't on the menu for this venue haunt, but their distractions, content, and startle setups were done very well, in my opinion. I enjoyed the music, the layout, the content, and also the COST. 11 dollars for entrance and I was more entertained than I was for some of the other haunts that charge 18-20 a head.

I had a chance to talk to their manager (Rick, I believe) and he was very accommodating at answering some of my questions about their numbers, etc.

All in all, a fun and educational visit!! I would swing by this quaint haunt if you're ever in or around Sandusky Ohio!

4. Default  
    My favorite is Ghostly Manor. It's been a few years since I've been there, but I remember it well. Skull kingdom was pretty cool, and Ripley's in Gatlinburg was a great time. My expectation level for Ripley's was pretty low going in, because of the fact that it was in a tourist town, but I really had a good time, and I will be a repeat customer the next time I'm in town.

5. Default  
    I too vote for ghostly manor in Ohio! We went there on a week night (when they're not normally open), and just happened to catch them giving a special show for developmentally disabled teens. They were very nice, and agreed to let us go through after that group. Being a week night in August, there were very minimal actors, but somehow they put on a GREAT show! For a compact haunt, it's amazing what they did with the space available. Best body bag room I've ever been through.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Tiki Studios View Post
    Best body bag room I've ever been through.
    I'll second that...

7. Default  
    Ghostly Manor in Sandusky, Ohio

Mysterious Mansion in Gatlinburgh, TN

and Im sure Legends in Old Town, in Orlando will be amazing once it gets open
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Thread Information