HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: How many chainsaws do you end up buying each Haunt season?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3

23 56.10%
  • 4-6

7 17.07%
  • 7-10

0 0%
  • 10-15

1 2.44%
  • More than 15

1 2.44%
  • None we don't use Chainsaws

9 21.95%

Thread: How Many Chainsaws do you buy on Average Each Season?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default How Many Chainsaws do you buy on Average Each Season? 
    How many chainsaws do you go through in a normal season both electric or gas... I know they break a lot with the kind of abuse we put to them. I know our industry has to keep the chainsaw industry in business!

How many?

Larry

2. Default  
    We have 1 chainsaw, the Spookyprops chainsaw, and it is 2 years running and going strong! : )

Kel

Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

3. Default  
    DANG.... I just called.... to remined My Partners to buy and modify a back-up saw?

How did he know???
    Phantom

4. Default  
    We usually end up with a few every year. We've started buying the extended warranty from Lowes. Verbatim "Even if you drop it out of a tree, we'll give you a new one".

I can't wait to see the looks we get when we take the broken ones back, that have (fake) blood all over them.
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

5. Default  
    We have 3 Real saw positions (and one Sppoky props saw position)and we have I think about 8 saws (each operator has two saws so that they can always have one with gas) We use a now out of stock Echo chainsaw, but they work great and pretty much don't break. When one goes down the guys are usually able to fix it from parts we have in stock. We also have 2 Spooky props saws and they also work great, the only time we have a problem is when an actor snags the wire on something, then we swap to the back up and fix it. Also one of our saw guys has two of his own and that helps!
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

6. Default  
    I like the Echo saws as well. We have 4 chainsaw scares. This year we have a guy on our crew that is great at rebuilding old saws. Two of us have been using 25 year old Stihl chainsaws with holes drilled in the mufflers. Loud as all hell, they get some priceless reactions. You definitely have to wear earplugs when using these.

We took real chains and ground the cutting blades off of them so only the links are left. We then welded the chains to the bar loose so you see the chain hanging down a bit. It provides an extra level of fear when people are not sure if it's a real chain or not.

Every one that exits says the chainsaws scared them the most. The best is if you are able to sneak up and start it right behind them.

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by elowther View Post
    We took real chains and ground the cutting blades off of them so only the links are left. We then welded the chains to the bar loose so you see the chain hanging down a bit. It provides an extra level of fear when people are not sure if it's a real chain or not.
    We do the same thing with bicycle chains...really adds to the realism..

We use Stihl saws and have had great luck... the easy start feature is awesome when starting them many times per night.
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

8. Default  
    We use Husqvarna saws in our haunt, they take a beating and do not tear up.
    http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...NEWS/810210283

9. Default  
    We use stihl chainsaws. We used poulans in the past and they always broke down. We have 4 stihl saws with the easystart option. We use 3 in our attraction and have one as a backup. They are 2 seasons old and only one has had to go in for repair. They take alot of abuse but they keep on running. The easy start is a nice option but is a little confusing to repair if the string breaks.

10. Default  
    Larry, if you start a chainsaw in a certain manor, they last. I've had the same Husqvarna that I've been using for almost 10 years of acting, and only had to rebuild it twice.(30-40 dollars in parts each time)

This saw has seen well over 150,000 patrons at various haunts and venues, while I also use it at my house for yard maintenance. Stihl also is a great choice.

Starter recoil assemblies are an invaluable part to keep around. I've found that buying multiple saws of the same brand and model number allows you to keep your saws running more frequently, and keeps costs and maintenance times down by being able to have multiple parts designed for the same saw. Instead of multiple parts for multiple saws. Plus if one ultimately does bite the dust, you now have a parts saw for your other still running saws of the same model.

Thread Information