HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: We are accepting no more orders for 2013 season:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Ok I was joking 
    I have actually told him he NEEDS to take a vacation.

Wicked farmer

2. Default  
    wickedfarmer,

I know I should, but when work is like vacation why get away from it.
    I would rather spend the money I would normally spend on a vacation making improvements to my home. LOL
    But the wife and I do have a plan to go to Hawaii for our 5th anniversary. I think that will suffice.

3. Default  
    Doug,
    the interesting thing to me is how diverse the haunt industry is.
    You handle ALOT of supplies so it is great you can move product ALL the way up until the season is over.
    PLus I do know you do make many items too.

However, Believe this or not, I have had an efficiency expert out here, and he had a long discussion about the best way for our company to operate. and it came down to what is called "Assemble to order" it is not cost or time effective to stock giant costumes or any products that are a major investment of money or labor, or any products made of latex because they break down over time. But most effective to do production runs of parts and pieces to assemble costumes and other products when we get an order. The main problem for us is the diversity of product. 1 year something sells great but the next we may sell none. and storage of those items if we did have inventory. We just don't have storage for it.

But this is what I didn't say about why we met our order deadline this year.
    We received a huge contract with a theme park company. And that kind if locked out our schedule. This is something I worked close to 5 years on and finally had it happen.

4. Default  
    I bet the wife isn't letting any body parts in the luggage either.

5. Default  
    Maybe not, but she did think it was fun to allow me to bury this guy under our porch.
    LOL
    He will be there for decades to come.
    And you can see him through the slats if you know to look for him.
    I thought about lighting him so everyone could enjoy him that comes up on the porch.
    Attached Images

6. Default Porch guy 
    Now that's just too cool & really hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gore Galore View Post
    Maybe not, but she did think it was fun to allow me to bury this guy under our porch.
    LOL
    He will be there for decades to come.
    And you can see him through the slats if you know to look for him.
    I thought about lighting him so everyone could enjoy him that comes up on the porch.

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

7. Default  
    Ok,
    I lied.
    I didn't actually ask for permission.
    I just showed her when I was done burying it while giggling like a little girl cause it was so funny to me.
    She wouldn't be able to disappoint me after seeing me acting like that.

8. Default  
    [QUOTE=Gore Galore;151410]wickedfarmer,

I would rather spend the money I would normally spend on a vacation making improvements to my home. LOL

You are a sick man. Take a couple more vacations. After posting this I am going to find out where your shop is and kidnap you the next time I am in your part of the country for a day or two. Or next time I go to orlando you are going to be strapped into a bass boat.

Wicked Farmer

9. Default "Oh, Yeah?" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Well I enjoy taking people through my haunt very much. I love inter-acting with them, I very munch enjoy listening to them scream, so I am a haunt-simpleton! But it is the basics!
    I also (usually) very much enjoy building things that have to do with the house.
    I enjoy these things so Much that I have been open for tours of Ravens Grin almost EVERY NIGHT for approaching 26 YEARS!
    I also enjoy modifying the show to fit the needs of the certain customers, which usually provides a whole new way to "show Off" what we have and do here.
    My "Vacation" will only happen over my dead body!
    (Insert evil laugh here~)

10. Default  
    Farmer,
    I dare you!!! LOL
    If you show up here, I will put you to work first.

Jim,
    Way to go.
    You are definitely one of a few.

Thread Information