HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Best Marketing For 2013... what is the best way to market your haunt.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    Out of your 6,195 orders, 461 (6.7%) where made from a smartphone.

As for that Facebook share windows that pops up immediately following the order, only 6 people clicked on that button to share out of your 6,195 orders...
    We are finding Facebook to NOT be a significant driver of ticket sales across the thousands of shows we produce each year, this is across multiple market segments for consumer shows, State Fairs, and Haunts. I.E. all of markets segments, these percentages are fairly common.

I REST MY CASE!

Larry
    Thanks for sharing this! I must say I'm a little surprised by the percentage of phone ordering.

As I dance my way around the whole subject of marketing- everything seems to indicate that peoples faces are now affixed to their phones- but they don't use them to order? I assume the rest would be from a pc at home or work, but this article I found says pretty much the opposite- http://marketingland.com/report-near...-devices-34639

hmmm...
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

2. Default  
    Social media aside, what are some other ideas haunts are using to promote?

We have a street team that goes around to local events.

Also, this year we are starting a contest where actors/staff can hand out postcard size ads with coupons attached. The actors can write their number on it and whoever has the most turned in at the end of the season wins a cash prize.

3. Default Social Media 
    I am a VP of Technology in Manhattan and run a pretty successful Charity Haunt on the side, or is my VP job on the side? This time of year I can never tell. Part of my strategic plan for the organization consists largely around social media. I wanted to share some facts with everyone.

• 27% of time spent online is on a social network (Experian)
    • Facebook has 1.11 billion monthly active users
    • 751 million monthly active users who used Facebook mobile products
    • Twitter has over 550 million users
    • More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
    • 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
    • YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network
    • There are more than 2.1 million LinkedIn groups
    • Pinterest has around 50 million users
    • 40 million photos are uploaded to Instagram per day
    • Facebook purchased instagram for 1 billion dollars back in April 2012 and will over time merge the two products. At this time it is still seperate and that is mostly due to infrastructure.

The top 10 social networking site are:

1. Facebook - Market share 57.1%
    2. Youtube - Market share 24.8%
    3. Twitter - Market share 1.72%
    4. Linknedin - Market share 1.10%
    5. Pinterest - Market share 1.10%
    6. Yahoo Answers - Market share 0.98%
    7. Google + - Market share 0.80%
    8. Tumblr - Market share 0.48%
    9. Tagged - Marketshare 0.47%
    10. Reddit - Market share 0.45%

Who ever said Face is not being used by kids is not correct. Facebook still has the highest market share by far and by saying kids are using instagram you are only saying they are using another feature of Facebook.

Social Media is tricky at best. They have not worked out the best way to sell advertising yet and that is mostly due to them not totally understanding how people are using the sites on a daily basis.

Use the free stuff they all give you. I would not invest to much money into the paid advertising unless you are paying big bucks or selling a game!

Want to sell your haunt. Figure out how to create a viral video. When you have the ability to do that, sell the haunt and then sell the idea on how you were able to nail down the process on making a viral video. LOL!

Thanks
    Jim

4. Default  
    Can we hear some other non-social media initiatives?

On-street promotions? Partnering with other businesses? Sponsorship drives?

Thread Information