HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Can we all pitch in and do someting nice for MUD (Daniel) I have an idea!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Cool  

2. Default To be honest mud! 
    Nothing against Cfx but if that is the mask you truly want. I could do that same look w a bald cap and some blood gelatin! To hell w spending 565 some dollars or more! Just my two cents! Im a down to earth person and I tell it like it is!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

3. Default  
    Damon you are right about that you can't replace a great makeup artist with a mask but you can substitute with a mask. If he is a small show it is tough to have tine to do everything yourself. And a mask that you can put on in a couple of minutes may be his only option. CFX makes some of the best masks out there and I would love to have about 10 of them. I would also love to be a bad ass makeup artist but I pretty much suck at that, so if I were a small show without a makeup artist a mask may be my best option.
    Phatman

4. Default  
    I've seen a lot of make up jobs from haunts and I can say with 100% certainty that I've never seen any make up close to the quality of a CFX mask, it's not even close. He'll do we'll getting a CFX mask in his haunt.

DA

5. Default  
    You all are very nice and I thank you so much!!! I will get the "kickstart" set up later today. I've been so busy here at work and at the haunt I just seem to run out of time way to fast. I've talked with Shane and he will donate also. A dollar here a dollar there it will add up. No one needs to break their bank here. We can all do this for Mud as his haunt family. OK MUD we are on our way. This may take some time and it might not be ready this season but hang in there it will happen.

Love all of you!!!!

Sue

6. Default Alternative - Save Money! 
    Have you considered any other companies for the mask? CFX does great work but there are some cheaper companies out there with masks just as good if you looking for a burn victim mask - Shattered FX has two great masks - One would save close to $170, the other would save almost $300

http://www.shatteredfx.com/Burnvictim.php - $399.99

http://www.shatteredfx.com/Meltdown.php - $299.99

I have one of the metldown masks and it is a great half mask!!

7. Default Mask 
    If it is good for the haunt industry then it is good by me. Ill keep an open eye for the kickstarter link.
    Last edited by horrorman666; 07-21-2013 at 01:15 PM.

8. Default  
    Yup, I'm in too. Mud rules!

9. Default Sad thing is! 
    Most haunts! Not all haunts! Don't have a good quality makeup artist! Trust me it wouldn't take much for me to duplicate the mask that mud showed on here. Now grant it I know it would be better for mud to just have a mask! So no ones trying to get into a debate on here. But I know w appliances and good makeup what im capable of. Not everyone is probably as talented. Good haunt horror makeup is a pet pieve of mine! And a lot of haunts fail in this department unfortunately! Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

10. Default  
    Damon I do agree that a great makeup job is king. But when you work in dark corners and interact with a customer for only 5 to 15 seconds it is almost a waist to put a great makeup job on. But this is off topic. Mud just does the best he can with what he has and if we can get him something special the that is good. The one thing I love about haunters is that most of them would give you the shirt off their back to help a good cause and that's the croud I would like to be with any day.
    Phatman

Thread Information