HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: ok i need makeup help my friends!

1. Default ok i need makeup help my friends! 
    Alright all...it's finally happened...the great Justin has been stumped! I am revamping my carnie character with a new makeup job. I'm trying to do this "vaudevillian" style white base makeup that looks really worn down (worn a la the joker from the Dark Knight lol). The problem I'm having is I just can't quite get the level of wear that I'm looking for.

I think I'm just not putting the base coat on thick enough, so when I try to wear it, it just comes off completely, but I'm not sure.

As soon as my phone cooperates, I will get a picture posted.

Any advice is always helpful!

Thanks a ton all!

Justin

2. Default  
    Your problem is you're putting it on too thick. Heath Ledger's makeup was a white water based makeup that was applied with a light touch over Heath making faces to furrow the skin in the area that the makeup was being applied in. Kinda of like dry brushing. Then the red and black were applied in a sloppy looking manner and the whole makeup was then spritzed with water to make the makeup run.

Thread Information