HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Mildew and Mold!

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Hybrid View

  1. Default Mildew and Mold! 
    #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    390
    The rainy season has created a lot of moisture in our haunt, and we are seeing mold and mildew everywhere. Any ideas on getting rid of this? And preventing it from getting worse?
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

    Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

    Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"
     

  2. Default  
    #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    424
    pump sprayer with water/bleach mixture?
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

    What you put into your mind- you put into your life.


    www.zombietoxin.com
     

  3. Default  
    #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    keeling/va
    Posts
    15
    a dehumidifier would work good and need to get some air moving around in there to dry up some of the moisture only if you talking about inside and would only help keep it away
    Last edited by 43 nightmares; 07-31-2013 at 09:06 PM.
     

  4. Default  
    #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    2,788
    Vinegar, pump sprayer with vinegar. It kills mold and mildew. do it once, then three days later do it again- then three days after that do the bleach and water mix.
     

  5. Default  
    #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,257
    And once you're done with everything said above...using some KILZ paint this year would be helpful.
     

  6. Default  
    #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,490
    Bleach rarely works on most molds and if you're using that much bleach its dangerous.
    The best product I've used is called Moldstat. It's a concentrated solution that you mix with water and its highly effective on all mold. Run it through a good paint sprayer.

    http://www.cleanertoday.com/mold-kil...moldstat16.htm

    It comes in gallon sizes too for $98 or so.

    Allan
     

  7. Default  
    #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    57
    There is a product called Concrobium which is sold at any home improvement store. Home Depot sells a gallon for like 30 bucks I believe. It's sprayed on and as it dries it kills all mold and protects the surface from future mold development. I used it when I had mold in my basement from a flood.....great product. Here's the link to get more information.

    http://www.concrobium.com/en-can/concrobium-products/
     

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •