HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Hauntcon 2014

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Hauntcon 2014 
    There has been a lot of talk about where this show is going for 2014 and several announcements have come down from Leonard himself stating the show dates will change, venue will change, will be housed in a convention center rather than a hotel... blah, blah.

Anyone have a prediction where this is going?

I'm going to make one... Houston in January during the Halloween Retail Show.

Just a hunch!

Anyone have a prediction?

Does anyone think they are taking up shop there and trying to rebuild the Halloween Retail/Haunt connection?

I could and probably am wrong but I was just wondering if anyone else is thinking the same thing. If this isn't the case the best cities to cover that haven't been covered are Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, places where you can access many haunts within a drive.

Larry

2. Default  
    Oh Larry you are to smart sometimes. That is what I thought. I am pretty sure it is Houston though. I wanted New Orleans. Not sure I will go this year will have to see how this all shakes out.
    Phatman

3. Default  
    If Houston is the city how do you guys feel about Hautcon and the Retail show working together? I personally would have mixed feelings at that... it was the retail Halloween industry that wanted us to go away so we did. We have the best situation possible now with our own show where the staff is dedicated on nothing but haunted houses rather than retail and party supplies and 60 other things.

So this will be interesting if indeed it is the case. I think for Leonard this is a no brainer his show has struggled and teaming up with another show makes sense for him. I don't know how you get a lot of vendors in January though... love to see everyone chime in on this.

If this is in fact the case and they set up shop in Houston for several years back to back then the whole concept and spirit of Hauntcon itself is lost. I wonder how that will impact the show if it will help or hurt it. Again love to hear some thoughts on this one.

Larry

4. Default Specialization is hard but necessary 
    I can see this show combining with the retail stuff, but personally I think this will kill it. The two are totally different audiences and different needs. I for one dont want to attend a show that is not dedicated and focused on what I do, so if that is the case, I will not be attending. I will find another show to meet my needs.
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

5. Default Never attended either one! 
    I kinda hoped to attend a Hauntcon just to give it a chance?! But no way would I care about attending this! It defeats the purpose and it is just going back to the old way that didn't work in the first place! There both dying fish let them drown each other! May be a bit harsh but who cares?! Its just like selling Haunted Attraction and then selling it again! Let dead dogs lie! And quit beating a dead horse! Its which ever you prefer! Ha!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Last edited by damon carson; 08-08-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Damon Carson

6. Default  
    Leonard is a marginal player in the industry now he's been barely relevant the last 10 years. His convention is small and if the halloween convention people are thinking he matters enough to rival Transworld they deserve the fate that awaits them.

DA

7. Smile Prediction... 
    WOW, this looks like a job for the Great Hanfamonious!,, Oh Great One...where are you in our time of need?.

From my perspective, first the "retail show" hands us walking papers, they move to whole seperate show they can control. Then without the Haunters they find out the show has no "life" ...boring! So now they want to infuse some excitement and get the Haunters back, look they even take out an ad in Hauntworld. But do we really need them? Very few haunts are in need of retail sales of costumes or halloween decor. Those that do already go to that show Maybe as some of us stated for years we need to focus on OUR NEEDS period. Those that think they will benefit from our markets will attend the show that puts them in front of that audience ..TW.

If I own a costume shop I will go to a costume show, I own a HAUNT, so I go to a haunt show! Strictly business! And we'll just the keep the energy and excitement where it belongs!,

O GREAT ONE...YOUR THOUGHTS?
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

8. Default  
    I guess it's official... http://behindthethrills.com/2013/08/...tion-revealed/

...Larry, did you have the clue in and spilled the beans? Shamey, shamey.
    http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
    >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

9. Default  
    All I can say is Lenard need one hell of a pre tour for me to attend this year. That's all I see the show offering me right now. The show floor last year was week at best, classes were good, and haunt tours were good. I go for research and I like to see what other haunters are doing.
    Phatman

10. Default  
    I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but who will be the big vendors showing at this for haunters to attend? Hotwire foam factory? Asylum Coffins? Seriously, it's not a real show unless Scarefactory, Gore Galore, Dark Raven and all the top flight vendors are there as you see at Transworld. Transworld shouldn't be concerned with this. I mean, hasn't everyone already attended Leonards "how to get started in the haunted house industry" seminar at least 3 or 4 times already? And if he does a "how to be successful in the haunted house industry" seminar I expect every hand to go up and ask him if he's such an expert, then why has EVERY haunt he's ever done failed miserably?

DA

Thread Information